Trehalose what is it? How does it effect plant growth? How does it help with stress such as salt, drought or freezing?

I’ve been using yucca for a couple years now. Same stuff. getting low, 2#s in my cart now. Chitosan. Regalia on my outdoor stuff too. I know it’s not the same animal I’m addressing. But reduced yield is still in play for me.
I brew AACT per the Microbe man’s formula. This seems to have the most positive VISIBLE effect. Plants just look better.

2 Likes

Funny you should mention it. :slightly_smiling_face:
I was just looking at the anti-viral activity of knotweed.
It is a broad antiviral , with scientific research demonstrating efficacy against influenza and several other viruses. Two important substances of Japanese knotweed rhizomes with well-studied and confirmed antiviral activity are emodin and resveratrol phenolic compounds belonging to the anthraquinone and stilbene groups, respectively.

These bioactive compounds have shown in vitro activity against Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), SARS-CoV-2, human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1), and more.

2 Likes

Hey, I think this is awesome :+1: The micromole crap still is a waste of time Like the ppm format better :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, I have heard this and think this is something people should be looking at especially now that 90% of all the commercial facilities are infected. Maybe need to get this thread some noise :loud_sound:

2 Likes

@shag years ago the grow store guy suggested Protect, Regalia, and Natures Nectar Pure Flowers 0-30-20 phosphite, not phosphate. Foliar applied for mold.
I used it outside. Still have mold. Would it be worse if I didn’t? I’m sure grow store guy would say so…

1 Like

Sulfur works better but you don’t want that on your buds.
Use sulfur to rid the plant and use the other for maintenance and in flower.
There is not much I would spray on my buds but those ingredients are not that bad.
Some of those ingredients induce stress and that can increase cannabinoid production.
So mold is not the only reason to use some of those products.
You forgot to include the chitosan. :wink:

And yes it would probably be a lot worse if you did not use those things.
PM can turn your whole plant white in a day or so under the right conditions.
Also, it is probably a good idea to drop the ProTekt in flower.

Link to sulfur.
https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&hs=JLj&sxsrf=APwXEdcTO__03ojRKjg9d8SZDy1UzQa6Gg:1686010909526&q=micronized+sulfur&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjd6-WKsK3_AhX6j4kEHaylAGsQ0pQJegQIDxAB&biw=1280&bih=619&dpr=3#spd=6920067480465797497

@crownpoodle This is a great thread on how to do the sulfur.

2 Likes

Then there is this method to be considered for veg plants too.

Got a bag in the shed for my outdoor this year. @shag certain stuff I won’t spray on buds period. Once they reach a certain point, I’ve got a pretty good, or is it bad?, Idea how it’s going to turn out. I’m starting later this year, so we’ll see. The yard has a mind of its own.

1 Like

Hey @shag check this video out lots of stuff that we talked about and that i noticed without university study and professors how did someone called it? Bro science
They discussed recirculating water and roots both big in my system (recirculating ebb and flow and 3 years of nonstop dead roots in my reused rockwool flakes)
They discussed also 12/12 the explosion of infected tops against 24/0 light
So my "bro science " experiments are inline what they are testing
My goal was how to save my system and how to outrun hplvd
You remember what i wrote you 3 days ago :wink: those where the plants that got sprayed from the beginning :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

https://www.youtube.com/live/UpoJIg2y1h0?feature=share

Warning:
Trehalose can be a problem in the case of two different types of Clostridium difficile infection, if you are exposed to these strains and are otherwise susceptible. At the very least, any person who is suffering from a C. difficile infection should consider eliminating trehalose from their diet for the duration of the infection.

2 Likes

You know a couple interesting things buddy. You always make me think. Appreciate it.

I am always thinkin’ :rofl:

You are welcome, I know it keeps you busy when the insomnia kicks in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here is a link to some old but helpful info.
The whole site is interesting, but this link is about cannabis.
BTW there is info there about trehalose too.
https://glycop.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=36&Itemid=562

Diminishing Suffering from Colds and Flu with Medical Marijuana

Published on January 15, 2015
This works on all viruses.
We are not supposed to say Covid-19 but it is just a virus and can be combated with CBD too. :thinking:
But we are not allowed to talk about such secrets even on a cannabis site. :wink:

2 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t put my money on that horse. I rely on experts in the field for medical advice!

1 Like

Yes and no on medical advice. Last year I had some respiratory shit for months. They never figured anything out. Tried everything. I know @shag remembers. Tore a hernia repair I coughed so much. What worked best was all manner of “hippie meds”. Tons of cannabis teas of different types. Edibles. Smoke lightly on strong weed. I stayed sedated enough my body could heal. My lungs hurt so bad. I’d been sick for 6 months.
@JoeCrowe I’d prefer to try cannabis 1st, not last. See if I can avoid a bunch of empty pill bottles.

2 Likes

Yes, except the expert advice I followed prevented me from getting any of the diseases the doctor mentions.

1 Like

I posted more on this topic but it was deleted.

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.abi6110

1 Like
2 Likes

A lot of “medical advice” is just common sense. I’ve determined most people lack it.

OMG I reviewed that old dude, dr john, I spent lots of time listening to him talk about my specific disease. Unfortunately… he doesn’t know shit. I was sad when I listened to what he said. IS he misinformed or just clinging to old school ideas? Man all those studies you posted are in vitro. Literally “in glass”. Don’t put any money on that.

So you don’t like the guy.
I personally do like him.

Well, I must disagree I am pretty sure he says he uses peer-reviewed science and he has a pretty large education background in science and medicine, meaning he has good credibility in the medical world.
He spent most of his life as nurse if I remember correctly.
I feel you may not have all the info.
Some human trials may need to be done but it is provable science.

Is that not how they all start? :wink:
The evidence is pretty conclusive.
As you can see from one of the links I posted, they have been talking about this since before 2015.
Almost 10 years ago…
The problem is, big medicine/pharma is not paying for any new human studies.
I wonder why that is.

1 Like