TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 5: "The Ghost and the Darkness"

Harvested the DDxSBR today, very impressed with the resin production on this one and smells fruity and skunky at the same time.

I’ve been trying to not upload so many pictures but I’ll be harvesting over the next couple days and want to share my results with the community. I compressed em pretty heavily though so I wont feel guilty lol

17 Likes

Love that color! Looks great… Psyched for the eventual smoke report :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Beautiful looking plant Trev. :heart_eyes: :yum: , shame it has to be chopped, needs must when the devil drives :japanese_ogre: :smiley:

3 Likes

Harvested the rest of the plants in the Bridgelux tent yesterday. Not a bad haul considering all the trouble I had along the way.

Cleaning out the tent and getting ready for next run. Not exactly sure what I’m going to run this time but most likely all Dark Spark as I have no other fem autos on hand.

Coco+Blumats this time around for sure, got everything laid out and ready to hook up.

Also finishing up the irrigation system in the Mars tent. Waiting on some silicone to dry before putting it into action.

13 Likes

You’re really making me want to grow more of those Trev :metal:

3 Likes

I’m sure you can find a space in one of those tents to shove one or two into hehe

Finally got the irrigation system working the way I want it to. Needed to buy a premade manifold because my old design (2 port manifold split into 6 sites) was not getting enough pressure to deliver water to all 6 lines.

My first assumption was my old pump was failing or not strong enough. So I ordered a new, better pump and hooked it up only to have the exact same issue with line pressure.

What a pain in the ass figuring it out. I did 3 or 4 designs before realizing I knew nothing about fluid dynamics and reached out to @Mr.Sparkle who also runs a top feed system like this. He suggested a riser higher than the top of my pots, and one of these Orbit manifolds. I wasnt sure that was going to fix it so I made a DIY 6 port manifold to test the theory.

It actually worked but as you can guess it only lasted about 10 seconds before blowing up and spraying water everywhere.

But it proved the theory so went ahead and ordered the Orbit manifold.

Once it was all dry fit together and verified working I tried to assemble it with tape and pressure fittings. Well that leaked like crazy so had to run over to the hardware store and get some pvc cement. Like I said, huge pain in the ass.

But here it is, working as intended lol

9 Likes

Glad you got it working!

2 Likes

Nice work man, are you sending the pump back lol.

Cant watch the vid getting an error message.

2 Likes

For some reason I couldn’t see the video the first time, but the second time it worked…

Looks like a great setup!

1 Like

Lol way I see it, now I have another 400gph I need a use for. Plus the new pump as the inline head so I put an elbow on it to suck up all the water from the bottom of the res.

Its probably not the best way to do it, but it’s the best I could come up with my damaged brain lol. I’m sure it will need tweaking as time goes on but I’m pretty happy with where it’s at now.

Finally got a decent pH pen today. I wanted something mid-range as my luck with the cheap ones has been less than stellar. Considered a Bluelab but I just couldn’t justify the price tag so went with an Apera SX610. It comes with buffer, storage solution and a storage case and a replaceable probe for $75.

Works great, came calibrated out of the box but calibrating was still quick and easy.

And I thought the res was at 5.8 with my drops, turns out a meter works better than my eyes lol

9 Likes

I have the Apera, its different to that one, mine does temps and EC as well I think, never used that bit lol. Mines been great had it 3 years, and not had to calibrate it yet, I just stick in the solution to check its still correct. I think it had moved off 0.02 the last time I checked.

2 Likes

Those purple plants are beautiful!

3 Likes

I think the mid-high end brands are:

Bluelab
Milwaukee
Apera
Hannah
Oakton(?)

That’s just from my research. Definitely glad I picked one up, even if it will only last a year the piece of mind knowing I’m dialed in exactly where I want to be and can replicate it is worth every penny.

So with that said I dialed my reservoir in from 2.0EC @ pH6.1 to 1.8EC @ pH5.8

Also set the pump to run for 1.5m every 8 hours, that should keep the media and reservoir in equilibrium.

Now for the other 2 tents… well that’s next on the plate lol

4 Likes

Nice looking buds , really stacking up. What is you lighting?

2 Likes

In one tent is 300w of Bridgelux EB Gen 2 strips

In the other is a Mars Hydro SP-250 (240w)

8 Likes

@TrevorLahey you still around?

1 Like

@MidwestMover he created a new thread.

1 Like

You mean

He’s on OG discord just hasn’t been posting here.

3 Likes

Lol he has so many grow threads going it’s hard to know which one is current :persevere:

1 Like

I even searched for the current one.

Thanks guys! Glad he’s doing well!

2 Likes