TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 5: "The Ghost and the Darkness"

New thread was a little overdue. Old thread can still be found here: TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

Thanks everyone for stopping by and for your continued support! For those new or just tuning in, these days I mostly grow autoflowers in small spaces. I’m always experimenting with different methods and trying new things so my grow is always evolving. And I update, alot, so what’s relevant in post 1 might not be relevant in post 500. So with that said let’s get to the good stuff…

Heres the setup:

• 2x4 Vivosun tent
  • 2x 150w LED panels (560mm Bridgelux EB Gen2, 3500k, 10 strips per panel, XLG-150-L-AB drivers)

Genetics:
Ghost Toof x Sugar Black Rose by @ReikoX
Dark Sparks by @Mr.Sparkle

Media:

• 3gal pots with Gaia Green Living Soil
  • 1gal pots with coco coir

Nutrition: Gaia Green 2-8-4 Power Bloom organic dry amendments for top dressing soil, MegaCrop for coco-coir

I’ll likely tidy this first post up more as I think of relevant stuff to add but this should serve as a base.

34 Likes

Pm me if you want to change the first post to something more meaningful :wink: I’ll edit it in if you are unable to edit it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Lol OKOK I will edit it and make it different. Thanks JP, not the first time you have been the catalyst for change with me :stuck_out_tongue: haha

5 Likes

Nothing but love brother, Just thought you needed a push to start a new thread :wink:

3 Likes

Day 9

20 Likes

Awesome, but why Ghostbusters 2? Because of the ghost toof?

About to blaze some dark spark here, love it! :ghost::scream:

4 Likes

Well I made a terrible choice and I’m changing it now. I made a hasty decision.

I always name my threads after movies and it should have been “The Ghost and The Darkness”

Because. Yeah.

10 Likes

I’ve seen GB2 but never seen that one. The name does make way more sense though lol

I’m curious how the Gaia soil will perform vs the coco. As you’ve seen you can get a pretty big plant in a small amount of coco, part of me thinks they will be almost as big as the soil 3 gallons…

2 Likes

Down for the ride man!!

4 Likes

Oooooh boy, the suspense is killing me!

9 Likes

Haha @DiggySoze that was definitely an option I had considered.

Day 10

GTxSBR

Dark Sparks

19 Likes

Day 11

GTxSBR

Dark Sparks

17 Likes

I love how those dark sparks looks so light and yellow to start, then just go full purple over the next couple weeks.

Are you gonna leave the double seedlings or full one when they get bigger? It’s gonna be an auto jungle in there!

3 Likes

All the small younger seedlings are candidates for plucking. I’m sure one of the double seedlings carries a trait I dont want, maybe even both of them. I’m basically pheno hunting for a super vigorous Dark Spark like some of my past ones. Running out of time here, going to have a weird overlap. And these GTxSBR have been known to throw out some late flower pollen so I run the risk of knocking up younger plants if I stay my current course. Idk yet, just gotta keep starting seeds… I think lol

7 Likes

Day 12

GTxSBR

Dark Sparks

19 Likes

Here’s a low quality timelapse taken from my IPcam from day 7 through 14, pretty cool still!

26 Likes

Day 14

GTxSBR were due for some love, did a little tucking and exposing of side branches so they can catch up with the top. There are alot of side branches already, exciting!

Dark Sparks picking up steam

I’m noticing some signs of excess Nitrogen in my plants. Clawing, darkening, tip burn, on the GTxSBR but I’m not sweating it. I figure they’ll use alot of that up and the problem should fix itself with time. The Dark Sparks seem to be loving it and are even turning from their usual lime green to a much darker green.

Overall I’m pretty pleased with how things are going so far.

24 Likes

They looking good Trev :+1:

2 Likes

Looking good my friend. That time lapse is sweet. I love watching the plants breath. :v:

5 Likes

Yea man, looking great, they sure are filling those pots out quick

3 Likes