Trinity's First Grow - Organic Lemon Ice

Whatever they are, we’re hopefully depleting their numbers. Just changed the potatoes and there were way less of the little buggers on todays slices. I didn’t notice them jumping though…

Did some more bottom-feeding, checked the state of the leaves more closely, and still can’t see anything. Up top they’re still filling out, thickening up nicely.

No time for pics today, they’re to follow (hopefully with some close up of these bugs)

Tx

4 Likes

Got my USB microscope.

Here’s the best I could get from the bottom of a potato:

Again, not many on the potatoes, but in a two of the three that I just bottom-fed, there are loads of larvae floating. The third plant had some, but nowhere near as many.

Here’s the best I could get of them floating in a bunch:

So gross.

Tx

3 Likes

I should add I still see no squiggly lines on the leaves, no larvae to speak of above the pots as far as I can see

Tx

3 Likes

wow that usb scope came in fast!

Those are springtails fo sho. They are completely harmless and some even say beneficial. I had them before from a batch of promix and nothing ill came of it. Let all your worries dissolve. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I thought so comparing to google images, but I feel loads better for a voice of experience.

So I guess I can sack off the potatoes tomorrow, and start watering from the top again…?

Tx

3 Likes

Now I can relax about bugs, I can get back to taking nice photos of buds :stuck_out_tongue:

Day 49 of flower

They’ve been suffering a bit from the light, they out-stretched my expectations, haha. Height management’s gonna be a big deal for the next run.

The cola’s with a bit more distance from the light are looking nice

Natalie:

Roberta:

Trinity (jr.):

I’ve reduced the strength of the feed from 4ml or each to 3ml of each, but will probably start giving them straight water soon. I’ve had a leaf die completely, and more are looking like they’re maybe getting eaten by the plant. I’ve learnt to distinguish light damage to other leaf issues :wink:

Tx

12 Likes

First trichome shots from two plants

This is at day 50, so I definitely don’t expect them to be finishing up. Just thought it’d be kinda interesting to chart the trichome’s progress over the final week or two. Plus I got a new toy :grin:

Trinity

Natalie

Tx

8 Likes

Natalie is clouding nicely. The other still clear
But i wouldnt expect a lot longer on natalie

2 Likes

Day 53 of flower

Got my hands on a flash gun, so had a quick go with it at lights out last night.

Tx

8 Likes

Day 57 of flower

Group shot of Margo, Trinity and Scully colas

Roberta

And another group focusing on Trinity (left corner) & Scully (rear corner)

They’re on straight water and haven’t had any nutes for I think five days. They’re definitely getting close to harvest time! They’ve filled out with dense, sticky buds.

Trichome shots coming up…

Tx

9 Likes

Trichome shots!

Very little sign of any amber so far, but looking milky pretty much across the board. Not a big couch lock fan, so I’m not bothered about high proportions of amber. Looks like we’re a few days off though, either way.

Trinity

Scully

Margo

Willow

Natalie

Roberta

Tx

10 Likes

The harvest window is open. Beautiful looking plants :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

I think it’ll be kinda bitter-sweet cutting them down, I’m quite attached to them haha.

It’s now down to having the time to harvest. Don’t think I’ll do them all at once. I’ve just about finished another DIY project - a drying chest with carbon filter and fan. Means we can dry properly without having to use the big cabinet when some could still be finishing up. Just gotta line it, and it’ll be good to go! Post to follow :wink:

Tx

4 Likes

Chop the main colas and allow the lower/smaller ones more time to mature. Most people harvest the entire plant in one go but it’s better to harvest a single plant in a few stages so the smaller stuff can get more light and fatten up a little. Trichomes will still mature/change while the plant is hanging.
Ill keep my eyes open for your diy project. :+1:

5 Likes

That’s a great idea!

Thanks for the tip. There’s a decent amount of lower bud and popcorn on some skinny stems. The popcorn’s been left there intentionally to make bubble hash with, so it’s not just a sugar leaf affair :yum:

Tx

2 Likes

That’s what happens when you name them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Haha, yep!

I haven’t given the clones names, they’re just identified as the daughters of their respective mothers.

It’s all the same strain, and frankly I would probably have chosen to cut from different plants now I’ve seen them in flower, but I’m sure that’s a common one.

At least I have the genetics, and will maybe try to keep a mother from a cutting of one of the clones. Let’s see how it smokes first, still a few weeks away from that… :rolling_eyes:

Tx

1 Like

Amen haha

Good job @trinity they’ve turned out quite nicely. You have definitely restored my faith in biobizz as well. Just proves sometimes using the full line and medium like you does actually get you results.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate it.

I figured keep it simple first time. We could have hit them harder with the TopMax in early-mid flower, and will do so on the next run. No-till is interesting to me, but so is DWC and some other hydro styles. We’ve got these four clones to flower out in soil, but I’m thinking a lot about how I want to run the next from-seed grow.

Tx

2 Likes

IMO running from seed its better. You get far better uniformity from them unlike clones so it makes things easier to train. It is slightly longer winded than clones though but only by a week or two nothing drastic.

2 Likes