@TropicalBiophile Landrace Giveaway

Im not having much luck in popping this beans from 12 got 1 that seems to be sprouting, next run of seeds ill try some new tricks

3 Likes

@TropicalBiophile, paisa muchas gracias. @pookie123, thank you very much, Yesterday I received my package.:grin:

4 Likes

Great! I hope you have luck with germination, apparently its been very bad. IĀ“m really bummed about it, as the ones I tried on December sprouted easily.

2 Likes

Next week I will try to germinate some seeds to see what happens.

2 Likes

@TropicalBiophile @pookie123 i put 3 colombian black in water 330ppm ph 6.3 and temp in the place 77f 2 of the 3 seeds crack open and is showing tap root

7 Likes

Heya,

Any chance there are any of these seeds left? Iā€™m looking for any and all landrace varieties for our research and demonstration mini-farm in Canada.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello @jcfougere. Your cause sounds like a worthy cause. Thanks for joining the Overgrow community.

Though, being a relatively new community member, you may receive more responses to your requests by first interacting, participating in discussions, and perhaps starting a new topic (such as a grow log). Tell us more about what youā€™ve discovered in your research, etcā€¦

The Overgrow community is generous and some members regularly receive requests for seeds. Overtime, youā€™ll build trust by interacting with the communityā€¦

p.s. gorgeous photos on your website by the way. Oh, if you donā€™t already know, ā€œlandraceā€ genetics arenā€™t always the easiest to come by.

1 Like

Has anybody harvested anything from the seeds yet?

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Northern_Loki!

Great suggestions, Iā€™m going to get started on a new topic shortly. Iā€™ve got a lot of questions regarding how to best integrate Cannabis in to the Grow Biointensive farming system, and I know thereā€™s a vast knowledge base here at Overgrow that can help!

Iā€™m looking forward to building a solid relationship with the community and sharing information. Itā€™s a shame Iā€™ve lost my old account but stoked OG is back!

4 Likes

Hello .
I am very intresting in this seeds . I live in Sweden, but i have a growroom.
I looking for new seeds to kreate a Nice strain or more .
I have big space, so I can do a.nice sog setup.
Hope for seeds .
Love and light from Sweden

1 Like

Hey @Drnylle mate ,
I can send you some seeds thatā€™ll finish in 8/9 weeks flowering ā€¦
Shoot me a pm if youā€™re interested ok :+1:.
Gaz

3 Likes

I have send you pm, my growing friend :yellow_heart::green_heart::heart:

2 Likes

This is Cauca:

In Los Llanos today legal corpos seem to be strong:

I honestly doubt any of the 20th century strains is being grown in Colombia today
I have TLT Llanera and Colombian Black Bastards which seems to be done with BCO Colombian Black which was sourced in 2002, when Colombia was already hybridized so it must be part of the line. Both of these seeds are very small
The problem with those seeds is not that they went through Usa
These brick seeds are very big, thats why I think is crippy and by Tropical Biophile words this stuff was fermented:
ā€œThis is bud from the ā€œLlanos orientalesā€, the plains between Colombia and Venezuela. Buds are dark and sticky, even when coming as pressed bud, very resinous so many times I could not finish the joints, they got all clogged up. Half smoked joints get hard as they coldā€.

Look how paraguayan brick weed comes

It is packed in such way that will ferment on transport or when buried in the ground
The viability of seeds germing in a brick is 10% and less if the brick fermented
So you need a lot of seeds in order to get some going. If I get one of the 10 seeds I have to germ I will be lucky.
Has anybody succeeded to have a plant going?

1 Like

I wish I had some information to share to help with your germination efforts. One thing I would recommend is a hydrogen peroxide soak to kill any bacteria that live on the shell of the seed. There are many people more knowledgeable than I am about this practice, but a 2% solution of your normal hydrogen peroxide sold at stores should do the trick. Normal hydrogen peroxide itself is around 3% I believe. You live down in South America? Or you made a trip there?

How is the Paraguayan brick weed? Itā€™s bringing back some memories!

I love when peeps read the post and ask a question thatā€™s already answered!! Lol