Unpopular opinion thread

Nor is Canadian Bacon, bacon. It’s Ham.

3 Likes

Those are Canadian fighting words.

Here we just call it bacon.

1 Like

Why is it that ketchup, the most used condiment, is the least accessible bottle in my fridge? I’m like an acrobat trying to get to it.

2 Likes

V6 2.0l (petrol) vs L4 2.2l (diesel) … same torque but only one of both give you a smile.

1 Like

I’ve got a little diesel Jetta and she’s not the fastest but man does she have some pep.

3 Likes

Until the end of the 90’s, the jettas have a well made chassis (to drive) and even the diesel engine was decent. Well balanced cars.

After, they became way too heavy / not enough motorized for my taste. I prefer the Passat in the same range of “big ladies” in this brand, idk if it’s common in your lands. Nice choice of engines on this one and unbreakable.

I had a Tiguan too but for sheer fun the Jetta wins. And I’m a motorcycle guy.

1 Like

Nice one too, i like the 150HP diesel but only tested on highway. I’m four-wheel junkie, i don’t have any real culture on motorcycles. But i swear only by the 500CR and the GSXR for both uses. The CR helped me to get started in breeding with guerilla crops dispatched, and the GSXR was the vehicle I’ve kept the less time : one week. One week more and i was dead, I’ve not the right mental for these things.

2 Likes

The Tiguan was a straight gas turbo and was a sweet ride. Mostly long highway drives. The Jetta swerves like a madman in urban traffic.

Got stopped by Texas highway patrol going way too fast in the Tiguan. He was cool and let us off.

Both really nice, just different.

As a motorcyclist, I want pep in a car above all other things.

2 Likes

And good choice. Know thyself.

1 Like

And what’s your poison to ride in being your own bumper ? You guys are like horse’s lovers, always a next one in mind ^^

1 Like

Something midrange Japanese or high end British.

I just sold one so it’ll be awhile before I get another but those are the front runners.

2 Likes

Damn you’re Swiss or what lol That’s twos schools involved in bloody fights since ages. You have to choose your camp !

2 Likes

If I was a rich man I’d have a Motto Guzi with the sideways vtwin but that ain’t happening.

I had a 750 Yamaha that was a beast but I’ve never had a Triumph and kinda want one.

2 Likes

I knew a guy in 1972 who came back from Vietnam and bought a brand new Moto Guzzi. He let me drive that beast. I told him I could ride but the only thing I ever drove was a Honda Elsinore. That was the first street bike I ever drove. Nice.

2 Likes

You don’t see them at all around here and they are fast and I just think they look cool.

I don’t know Guzzi, i see on google they build bobbers with Vtwins. Nice sound i’m sure (i love the one of old BMW, the flat). Look at Fuel barcelona, i (unfortunately) know a guy there and parking-tested a couple of their customs. Iron-forehead catalunians, but they known really well their stuff in this vein. I personally prefer this type over the “winning cycles” high in RPM. I like when you risk to break your leg with the kick.

I’m on Brit side of the force for cars, even if the guts are now mostly german. Actually restoring a Jag engine in the garage, a nightmare. Brit engineer are just frustrated sado-masochists that do everything to make you cry.

2 Likes

I don’t know wrenches I just ride them but I hear you man.

2 Likes

So keep Triumph for your dreams only, just a hint ^^

1 Like

Lol. Yeah I know.

1 Like