Unpopular opinion thread

say 2/8 all the time referring to 1/4 at work just to be a dick.

5 Likes

I’m a dick 8/16 of the time.

6 Likes

I thought we were onto my favourite safe and effective subject for a moment then.
False alarm.

1 Like

lol! I don’t think the young 'uns today understand the delicious irony of posting that statement in “unpopular opinions”. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m not young and I think it’s twatery.

3 Likes

You had a positive experience with DEC ALPHA? Do tell…

Bleh the a+ sucks half the stuff on that test is 20 years out of date or atleast it was like 6 years ago when I last renewed… honestly ccna was similarly targeted at systems super old

Edit: this is not to say that the effort to get the cert isn’t worth anything from an employment perspective just that much of the knowledge is kind of meh

1 Like

Yeah always a bit out of date. W10/W11 also not making things any easier with constantly changing where things are twice a year :sweat_smile:

Still though, if someone has an A+ cert, I know they know what all the hardware is and what it does, can reinstall windows, setup a printer, basic troubleshooting at the minimum. A college degree tells me absolutely nothing. There is no standardized course for the whole country, each college can teach it how they want. It’s basically useless.

2 Likes

you’d think that an mscp would know how to write a batch file or otherwise how to write a script in windows. no, certs are totally worthless for gauging knowledge, especially for folks like me who are very good at taking tests. took me a week to study for my security+.

at least you do have to take the test though, there is something to be said for that. unlike the way you can party your ass off and still graduate college after learning nothing.

1 Like

Yeah absolutely zero scripting involved in A+. I don’t even remember it being talked about in MCSA :thinking: does CompTIA even have anything for that :thinking:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: you try it

1 Like

my cousin did it at wvu. his nickname was budrizer since his last name was rizer. and then i social engineered my way through a bachelors degree in leadership. didn’t have books until the third year. ended up with a b average. not partying, just taking tests and writing papers based on my personal experience in leadership courses in the army. i now know where all of the things i had been using for years came from though. turns out the army used all sorts of science and learned theories to come up with their courses. who knew?

2 Likes

New Balance shoes are better than Nike !

5 Likes

Especially for wide ass feet. Haha

4 Likes

surprisingly Ive actually found Vessi shoes to be really good I used to buy a new pair of nikes every year cause they wear out ive had my vessi pair for almost 4 years and I think I still have another year before the bottoms wear through… best youtube sponsor product ive ever bought
according to my fitbit ive put atleast 3000 miles on these babies

1 Like

That aint nothing. I have a pair of Chuck Taylors that i wore in the 80’s. They have a hole in them. But only on thebottoms.

3 Likes

damn those shoes are older than I am!

3,000 running miles?? I’ll be buying some for sure if so.

1 Like

mostly hiking and walking I am not much of a runner. the water resistance makes them great for the outdoors in my personal opinion though they are not nearly as resistant as they were when I first got them . The one thing I find really crap about them is the shoelaces for whatever reason they refuse to stay tied I ended up just buying replacement laces

2 Likes

Custard is better than ice cream !

3 Likes