Unpopular opinion thread

One of the most powerful things a teacher taught me in my youth was to be wary of absolutes like always, never, ect.

It’s like the study showing beef and red meat, especially the fatty cuts are linked to high cholesterol and heart disease. Didn’t it turn out that study was based on cows being fed non organic corn and other less desirable animal husbandry practices? Of course fatty red meat is not ideal when it’s composition derives from herbicide and pesticide laden feed.

Studies can easily be skewed purposefully by intelligent dishonest people and studies can also be skewed by people with good intentions who just simply fumble the study in some way or another.

I think there’s a big difference between people who have info and try to “teach” others compared to those who have info and want to share in dialogue as a means of constantly requalifying what they’ve learned, open to being proved wrong. When I learn something I’m often looking for things that support the position as well as things that are contrary to the position. Keeping it real. Many blessings and much love

9 Likes

The test I use to see if someone knows agriculture or they are pretending is simple: Do they know anything about soil ph?

I use that test allllll the time. It never lies.

3 Likes

I just had this strange experience! Blew my mind! I was studying the spread of the powdery mildew parasite on wild aster plants. I could see infestation in the garden and fence and stuff. Thing is, as I got further away from my house I couldn’t find it anymore on the host plants. So I drew a map and placed the dots where I found the colony. It formed a fucking X on my garden. I near crapped my pants. The infestation has slowly been spreading from there over more than 3 years!

4 Likes

The new menu on the left is not for me, I wouldn’t say I like it. makes everything else narrow.

2 Likes

If you’re on PC, if you tap the ‘=’ key next to the backspace on the keyboard, it’ll make the menu go away. Or just hit the 3 lines at the top next to OG.com.

8 Likes

Cool, I just hit = and it went away.

1 Like

yeah, thanx. that makes it tolerable now. almost like it was

1 Like

If you cant imagine a world thats run amock enough to produce the people that are the result of it, you live in a bubble detatched from reality.

Subtitled: mental health of the collective mind

I mean this as a query, more than a statement.

1 Like

Thanks…
At first I was not liking that menu, but as I was working with it, it started to look fine…
Glad I know now how to remove it. hahaha

1 Like

mencken government

8 Likes

If you dont have a wall mounted manual potato cutter in the kitchen, i dont care, im not eating that poutine.

2 Likes

The wall gives it Flava

1 Like

What if I took it off the wall, and used it horizontally to eject the fries onto a non-stick surface for oven baking? Is that a crime against humanity?

2 Likes

It has to do with the secret ingredient.
Elbow grease.
If youre cutting this corner, Lord knows youre a lazy ass and that kitchen is dirtier than a monsanto lawer.

@joe oven baked fries make frogs gay. Probably. Horizontal cutter gets a pass tho

4 Likes

Sounds like my property lately started on the rose bush to the black walnut trees to the coriander all in one vicinity on the property noticed my plants are acquiring it as well guess what it’s next to that vicinity

1 Like

mmm I’m going to be partying all this weekend long. Frigging MIT is validating my thesis. :smiley:
Couldn’t be happier!

7 Likes

I just want them to have showered.

1 Like

I see some guys, and im guilty of this myself, post some good take on some subject to then delete the post soon after. Please leave them, or maybr abridge them if absolutely necessary but please dont starve og of unique insights.

That is all.

Ps. Yes ill delete this post in 24hrs hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10 Likes

Check

Nice try Diddy (this seems to be a new internets joke)

1 Like

I dont think it means what you think it means lol