Urgent action for Virginians!

Gov. Youngkin wants to re-criminalize personal possession. This is a step backwards after recent decriminalization in Va.

This article outlines the details and provides a link to easily send a letter to opposing representatives urging them to reject the bill. This is a call to action my fellow Virginians!

15 Likes

It’s illegal, I mean legal, I mean illegal. Shit I forget now.

Sorry to hear. Quite lame.

10 Likes

Quite lame indeed my friend.

5 Likes

Christ that almost read like the article from Indiana where pot is illegal but there’s delta products and they are moving to change the wording on the law from thca to just plain thc to outlaw all products hemp based or not.

4 Likes

Youngkin is setting it up to pressure ppl into buying from the retail market. At least that’s my suspicion. Both Republicans and Democrats in Virginia are taking campaign contributions from cannabis companies. They’re securing their seat at the table. If you criminalize possession of goods then it makes it harder for the little guy to distribute those goods. Giving licensed big business control of the market. I also suspect he’ll target home grows at some point if this amendment gets passed. So us Virginians have some work to do.

10 Likes

This article is a bit misleading. It was still illegal to possess a pound and over, even after the cannabis friendly bill passed last July. And illegal in the sense that it is a criminal offense, rather than civil. The $25 civil penalty only applied to any amount more than an oz but less than a bow. Honestly, I think a lot of us saw this coming due to how the bill was rushed to be codified and had a lot of holes. It does suck, but not surprising. It’s not going to chase me out of the state though.

6 Likes

This whole thing has been illogical from the get go.

It is legal for you to grow up to 4 plants.
Each plant “can” yield 3+ ounces if grown right.
It is illegal to posses more than an ounce. ??? :crazy_face: WTF?

This proposal would make it up to a year in Jail to posses over 6 ounces.
One plant, grown well, can yield more than that!

It feels like an intentional loohole to be able to prosecute those who are successful at growing their 4 plants!!!

12 Likes

True story. There’s also a slew of ambiguity between what’s in your home and what constitutes possession outside of the home. The General Assembly even admitted they would need to revisit the original legislation after it was passed in order to address inconsistencies.

3 Likes

Fuck authoritarianism. Sick of this style of thinking. “Legal for people with lots of capital, illegal as fuck for everyone else.”

10 Likes

I don’t live in your state, but this goes for everyone in all states. VOTE for the men and woman that have a level head on their shoulders and get them into a position to make a positive changes towards Cannabis laws. Any mother fucker that does not work to change the laws on Cannabis to decriminalize should not be office and do not get my vote.

WE THE PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER AND HEADS NEED TO ROLL. I am so tired of corporate government and the rich controlling our government.

5 Likes

There are not enough votes to change how it is either way…hyperbole.

1 Like

Quit growing as well as you do.

Midterms are coming up.

2 Likes

Should be no surprise to anyone. VA never intended the average person to mass produce and transport large quantities of herb. They are setting up state run dispensaries after all. (2024?)
We in the hillbilly part of the state will continue doing what we want without giving a shit what Richmond thinks or does, just as we always have (business as usual).

9 Likes

I had been telling all of my people to watch out for this from the beginning. It feels like the common wealth did a little bit of number crunching and realized just how much money they were losing. Decriminalizing without having a frame work in place for sales and taxation spelled doom for these greedy cock suckers.

4 Likes

I’d be so surprised if big business doesn’t come here suspicious. Several years ago a company came into Portsmouth set up with an exclusivity deal for the region. They built out their facility and with the stroke of a pen, one of these politicians made it legal for anyone to grow their own with a $50 permit, if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Nothing good comes from this city. Low key corrupt as all get out. I love Ptown, and hate it at the same time.

2 Likes

Lol @anon20530495 I did 4 tours in p-town that lasted almost a decade. I finally made it out by the skin of my teeth.

3 Likes

For those of you that care, there’s a link in the article that will send a letter on your behalf to our representatives urging them to reject the amendment. If we can get as many ppl to do that as possible then we may be able to make a change. Thanks guys :pray:

1 Like
1 Like

Well I suppose most of you don’t care but the bill got defeated yesterday. But a big thx to those that sent the letter! We did it!! :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::muscle::muscle:

11 Likes