Virginia Finally Legalizes Marijuana

Never thought I would see this in my lifetime. I am 58. Finally they realized what we have known for years. July 1st rec will be legal and cultivation of 4 plants per household. 2 in veg and 2 in flower. Good start…lol

Maybe now that the first “Southern State” has done it, more will follow.

43 Likes

CONGRATS, my friend!!! Really feels good to let out a well-deserved “Wheew!!!”, ugh? SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: Indeed, CONGRATS!!

10 Likes

Congratulations. I’ve known “that feeling “ in several states now. It’s so hard to describe but I think vindication and validation come in there somewhere. We’re waiting on one here in New England… New Hampshire… their motto “ live free or die” …unless is pot they treat that like crack! Once they figure out the money involved I see them coming along, after all the state controls all the liquor stores… and they’re on the interstate!

11 Likes

Congrats, time to grow some trees :smiley:.
Its nice when they don’t consider a plant can be 8ft.

10 Likes

It is bitter sweet. Spent a large part of my life hiding from, or in the company of the feds.

At least starting in July do not have to worry about the state bothering me. :grinning:

9 Likes

That is what I have been practicing. They never said how big they could be…lol

10 Likes

I hear it’s 'cuz heroin’s the new weed :roll_eyes:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Congrats @Old-Ron and all the others from Virginia!!!

1 Like

Y’all do realize that legalization on the state level means jack shit. The feds can still bust your ass for it at any time. Can’t remember the guys name but one of the first dispensary owners in cali, got rather large. Feds came in closed him down took everything he owned and locked him up for a few years. We need federal level legalization, nothing less is worth celebration

3 Likes

Any legalization that includes home cultivation is progress, however we should not rest until cannabis is legal throughout North America. 2/3’s there. Remember when America led the fight for freedom.

6 Likes

Does that also include any protection for employees from random testing by employers? Here in Indiana I’m really not worried about getting caught with a personal grow tent and some moms. I’m more worried about losing a 100K plus a year job due to random drug testing. Still however it’s great news for you guys and a big step in the right direction.

5 Likes

Colorado had a case where people sued for being rejected for employment based on a test and won. However if the company has any federal contracts then it could be a stipulation to get the contract. You also have the federally regulated jobs that anything on the state level wouldn’t mean shit to

2 Likes

There is still parts of the bill that will not go into effect until 2024. Legalization was supoose to happen then, but the governor wanted it sooner. It is a little rushed, but was long over due.

5 Likes

It’s a step in the right direction but remember its still a D.U. I. if caught driving a motor vehicle :grimacing:

4 Likes

I can live with that. No different then someone drinkjng and driving.

The fact I can safely sit on my deck and light up, is a really good thing.

8 Likes

Actually it does bro, In VA manufacture gets you 5 years, so the state is one less headache in 11 weeks

4 Likes

I was reading NORML’s info on the state laws in El US de A… can’t remember exactly which corn-belt state it was, offers a 200 year sentence for making hash (?) :rofl: … and Puerto Rico was pretty stiff with the punishments too.

200 f*cking years for that, but 5-15 for killing people accidentally when your drunk or fucking your underage niece… What a society. :wave:

:evergreen_tree: (harumph implied)

9 Likes

We do want to be law abiding don’t we, time to get off the devils lettuce and call some close relatives, be a good citizen :rofl:

3 Likes

The amounts are stupid though. 1oz LMAO yeah right

3 Likes

Well according to one of the local politicians, that means on your person, not in your house.

They say you can only grow 4 plants. If you have 4 to 10 it is a $250 fine. Does not become a felony until 50 plants. Sounds like 49 plants is really the limit…lol

5 Likes