Useful seeds Chocolate diesel f3 to f4 co-op run (Closed)

Anytime bud, you’re going to do great. :v:

4 Likes

First 5 min pull, I think it’s safe to say I’ll be able to take care of y’all in about a week of collecting, let’s call it 10 days and I’ll start collecting Addy’s not this Sunday but the following

Thanks for the tips @DougDawson. The community and I thank you and should be a Choco diesel sploosh fest

28 Likes

And beat those flowers up, you should get a lot more out of them.

6 Likes

I’m just gonna keep em in the bowl for the next 10 days, I figure the more they dry the more will dust and since we have practically no humidity out here will give it a chance to dry out any left over moisture

6 Likes

those are the two males u tell me, I’d guess they are chocolate trip leaners

28 Likes

I don’t but I’m in soil and it balances out fine. I rarely add extra K. My nutes seem to work it out, really.

@DougDawson & @AzSeaindooin420, just a word of caution with the metal bowls outside…. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

…I was outside on the patio doing my trimming a couple of years ago and was using a stainless steel bowl to sit in my lap as I trimmed the buds.

Next thing I know I’m smelling some nice herb and thought my 83 year old neighbor was striking up a bowl. I never saw him smoke before, but he was outside in his yard and the smell was fresh.

I kept watching him as I sat in my chair to make sure I was right. Next thing I know I have smoke waffling up in front of my face and I looked down at the bowl and a bud was smoldering, lol.

The metal bowl was acting like a magnifying glass and focusing the sun back to the other side of the bowl, torching my weed! Haaa

I knew I was smelling fresh weed. I laughed for a while. :grin: :v:

17 Likes

@SonsOfAvery and @imstinky I appreciate the kind offers for donations. Always could use stamps for giveaways if anyone is inclined! Just make sure to write tear with care on the outside of the envelope so I don’t rip em up haha learned that lesson already ruining 4 stamps on a book of em

No obligations to donate to receive any but def helps lighten the donation load for me getting mailers out to y’all and always appreciated

13 Likes

Lmao! That’s crazy, I guess u got a good back up plan when u can’t find a lighter hahaha

All this project is indoor so no cruel sun to worry about over here, even picked out a spot to store the bowl without air flow or sun beating on it through a window

9 Likes

@AzSeaindooin420 awesome you are going to collect pollen!
one thing to ensure doing is to leave it out to dry for a couple days in a cool dark place before putting it into a container.
When you started this run I thought … perfect there will be f2 seeds I can hunt a male from to dust the blue dream x chocolate diesel fems with. The opportunity to use pollen from the F1 gen males… that’s too awesome right there.

15 Likes

I don’t but I have long ago and tbh I don’t care for it :slight_smile: lol the best place to get silica is in plant form due to availability stinging nettle is an excellent source and if it’s not in your local environment there are other plants/ places it can be found like rock dust but it too takes time to break down

5 Likes

I just did some reading yesterday, and discovered that the richest known plant source of silica is bamboo! More than nettle, and more than horse tail ferns.
Something like 40%, and bamboo ash is closer to 70/80% by mass!

14 Likes

Lol see above comment, gonna leave the bowl in open air for the week-10 days lol

Dunno how u missed the generations since it’s in the title of the thread but seeds were f3 and I’m taking to f4 generation

One of those males was my fav of them before it showed gender and was hoping it was a lady but was a male but adding great traits to the genepool so I’m not mad about it! Def great studs

7 Likes

Ya I don’t use de, used to try to use it for ants but have moved onto cayenne pepper and cinnamon

4 Likes

Well that def is a fun fact! Good to know and not surprised cuz bamboo is some tough shit and silica is usually the muscle

5 Likes

I used cinnamon to deter ants seeking water in our bathroom. Bad idea lol. My wife still finds cinnamon dust in there 10 years later!

9 Likes

Works great for bees too haha I prob use cayenne more though for ants and most pest, they can’t stand the heat

3 Likes

Yep yep! And I’m sprouting 50 bamboo seeds in a month to plant in my back yard as a living privacy fence, so I’ll have plenty to use.
And yes, it’s clumping, not wandering.
Also it’s supposed to grow jet black, with white nodes… so that’ll look cool!

27 Likes

Awesome man, looks great. My only other advice us to spread it thin to dry and make sure it’s good and dry before shipping. Great job man.

6 Likes

I love it! Metal (or Goth) bamboo.

8 Likes

One of my buddies did that a couple years ago with the black bamboo. He set his whole back yard up all Japanese’y with a waterfall/stream across the whole thing.

6 Likes