Useful Seeds RIP

RIP Sir…

Sounds like he was a great person. Iv never run his genetics, I should pick something up.

6 Likes

while back he sent me bag-of-oranges and a few other strains _all free - Too bad there sure has been a few “growers” going to the Big Garden in the sky Grow IN Peace !!!

7 Likes

This broke my heart completely and my mentor was/is absolutely gutted. A great man, a great friend and exceptional breeder. And another breeder friend I was semi close with gone. Heime broke me last year, and absolutely crushed Mike. This one really worries me…. FUCK!

15 Likes

Losing Heime last year was sudden and tough, especially for a forum buddy of mine that lived in Alaska and knew him well. Today’s news of Useful’s passing was an unexpected gut punch. I checked my phone and I had a text from him at the end of February saying that the clones I gave him were “standing tall”. He was a weed hero to me for his kindness and awesome genetics.

21 Likes

Yeah I remember telling my wife after talking to him a few times, that I just felt this urge to meet him. It was weird. He totally would bring out the best in people. It was like some thing I felt inside that was saying this dude is legit and I want to do what he does. Never met him but looked up to him and was jealous of what he was doing with his life, because he seemed genuinely happy.

11 Likes

RIP brother.

I haven’t grown his gear yet, but I do have a few packs.

Maybe I’ll grab some more just in case.

Bummer we are losing so many good folks just within the past 5 years or so even, who were around before the advent of legalization and working with this plant just the same.

6 Likes

I have a giveaway up on the free seeds and clones thread for a pack of his seeds. Signup for a chance at some seeds he was kind enough to give me.

13 Likes

Rest in peace Useful

4 Likes

Now is the time to get some Useful Seed genetics to run and to keep for future breeding projects !! ???

2 Likes

I have 12 packs left of the 22 he gave me, the others I took his advice and spread the love with. I’ll wait to see if someone in his family continues on his work but if not I’ll be trying to reproduce all the remaining packs to give out to the community and keep his work going.

28 Likes

here we go !! —That’s great @FirstCavApache64

4 Likes

If you do a reproduction run, let me know and I’ll check to see what I have and if I can add to it. I’ve got 13 Useful strains, and 3 more chocolate diesel crosses I made from his CD pollen.

14 Likes

You got it. I’ll probably try to get someone that can run more than 4 plants to do it if I can find someone. It would be good to have a bigger group for breeding diversity. If not I’ll just have to forget how to count past 4.

11 Likes

Rest in peace Useful. Prayers for his family.

He was always such a nice and sharing person.

7 Likes

Nothing but kind comments for Useful. Says a lot.

6 Likes

Never interacted with Useful but the amount of love I see for the man, well I’ll be grieving the loss of some good in the world today! I hope his legacy lives on in every life he touched

6 Likes

I’ve got a “Share The Love” Useful Seeds sticker in my kitchen cupboard. The missus put it up from my 1st GLG order. When I mentioned his passing she says if I have seeds from him, start them tomorrow. Black Lime Special Reserve f5 which I’ll do my best on.
I don’t need to know someone, to know a little about them. Useless seemed well respected. That’s huge to me. PEACE, CP

15 Likes

RIP brother Useful. I wish I had been lucky enough to know you. Maybe I’ll stumble onto some of your seeds soon and “will enjoy and share the love”. Pouring one out for you today on 4/20, and smoking copious amounts of bud. Peace

11 Likes

I placed a GLG order last night and put some of Useful’s Lucky Lime in the cart… didn’t realize there is a 2for1 promo on so there’s 2 packs on the way. Still some left for those who might be chasing his gear at this time.
I always pop beans on 4-20 so will be adding some of his GG4s1 to the soak.

15 Likes

I did the same with the Useful Lucky Lime @SHSC-1 . Happy I snapped the BLSR before they disappeared. I am surprised there are any of his seeds available, considering. I went to his Insta acct and was blown away but what I don’t have.
I hope I’m not being disrespectful, but does anyone have of these ratholed away? Besides the Blackened Oranges I can’t remember what else I ran but it wavs good. Some dies Diesel maybe? Damn. Nice strong genetics, but what a nice sounding guy. Really a loss regardless of where you come across people everyone speaks so well of.

7 Likes