Using aloe powder

I’m growing organically and using Redbud Living Soil and I have Redbud Aloe Powder and Redbud Labs. Which one is once a week and which one is once every other week? I forgot and forgot to note it so I will once I find out lol.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

The Aloe Powder is supposed to be once a week I believe, but I’ve never used it.

3 Likes

Hey @AnthonykLoLo38! Welcome to OG. By any chance are you in Oklahoma? We have a Redbud Soil Co here, and I wanted to know what people thought about them.

Thanks.
:guitar:

5 Likes

The guy I used to work for bought a bunch of their living soil. It seemed to be working well for him while I was there. They were selling a ton of it, and could hardly keep up.

I apologize, how rude of me. @AnthonykLoLo38 Welcome to overgrow!!

6 Likes

@AnthonykLoLo38 Welcome to the OG community! :raising_hand_woman:
I was told Aloe every two weeks. But, I am not familiar with redbud.
:seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :hibiscus: :seedling:

3 Likes

I would use aloe anytime your plant needed a pick me up. Obviously not late in flower (unless really needed), direct sunlight, etc.

LABs are great as a soil innoculant. They will really kick start the nutrient cycling so I would recommend to start light and work your way up. Again, I wouldn’t apply real late in flower. In my experience a few times during the cycle is plenty.

3 Likes

@AnthonykLoLo38

Welcome aboard!!! you will like this, i am a little while ago and i fell in love.

I use aloe innatura as an adhesive … As my plants are far away, I always used it together with diluted bat guani, beer yeast, molasses and in biofertilizers …
I once talked to some farmers and thought it best not to use aloe with biological control, because aloe has properties that could harm, in this case the bacillus thungiensis …
I did not research if this is true, but as the person who referred me is expedient, I believed …

hug

2 Likes

Welcome to OG enjoy

Peace and stay safe

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @AnthonykLoLo38 I’ve never used powdered aloe only fresh or fermented viscous liquid. But I’d say aloe every other week(and when popping seeds and dealing with heat stress/temp fluctuations) and LABS a few times per cycle. Maybe twice in veg and then once during early-mid flower

I use aloe every other watering at 1/4 tsp per gallon. It is hard to overdo it and the benefits are too many not to use it every watering or every other watering.

@Guitarzan , Red Bud Soil Co in OKC is awesome to deal with. I source alot of inputs from them. Prices are fair and quality is excellent. Chris is a good dude and easy to talk to. I would recommend them to anyone.

3 Likes

Hi @AnthonykLoLo38, welcome to OG! You’ll love it here! Enjoy!

1 Like

Welcome,enjoy here

1 Like

How much do you add?

2 Likes

2 - 4 Tablespoons per 1 gallon of water. Soil inoculant and/or plant spray, I sprayed weekly last year. Hope this helps, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi Upstate! I think LABs can vary quite a bit depending on the process used to make them. With that said, I generally use about 10ml. :v:

2 Likes

@PlantShepherd excellent, thanks ! @misterbee thankyou too! This year I am making Labs again, and I won’t be afraid to use it. Hopefully I can get on making some IMO this year too.
How do you know if you did it right? I had what looked like Feta cheese last time.

2 Likes

The TOP layer should look like that, it’s the “curd” they speak off. You remove that, crumble it up, put in in you Garden, put in drains to clean/sanitize, feed it to pets/large animals, etc. The “middle layer” is what you want. After that, whatever level I have in a Gallon Jar, I add an EQUAL amount of Blackstrap Molasses (unsulfured), stir with wooden spoon. It will keep about 1 year in a Fridge and about 3 years on a shelf (cool/dark). SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Dogs love it, and chickens will go absolutely nuts for it!

It really doesn’t taste that bad either :wink:

2 Likes