Making Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB)

I gathered the rice water after the wife was washing it for consumption, got 400mL in the jar with the paper towels and now just need to wait for a few days to pour the milk. Gonna try and get “still warm” milk from a cow farm nearby.

16 Likes

Awe yeah the first step! I have soo much lab around my house. Great for many things. Also i fixed your title. It said (ohn) hahahahaha

3 Likes

Pretty sure mine turned out ok made some cheese last week with it used it (lab serum) with some worm/compost tea that’s been brewing the last 36 hours sprayed it over everything this AM lawn, flower containers hops,tomatoes, and the ladies out back at least I hope their ladies haven’t been able to sex them yet there getting bigger every day!

11 Likes

great going man!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was very stoned…

2 Likes

I’m low profiling these plants this last pic is about 3 feet wide and about 1foot tall for security reasons super cropping and staking the limbs with bamboo stakes I learned to make from "Cannabis regeneration " book!

4 Likes

Make sure you have the cream sepetarted off could make for a mess!

4 Likes

Will do good sir, i didn’t forget. Will remove the cream, it gathers by itself at the top anyway, it’s easy.

3 Likes

Then feed that curd to the animals! And everytime the woman asks you to get her some water drop a ml or two of labs in there and she wont even know. :wink: suprise health!

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It’s not like i walk to the creek for water @lotus710… LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Costa Rica is wild but at least we have tap water… :wink:

1 Like

HAAAAH i just ment in her glass of water. Make her get some probioticsXD usualy woman are grossed out.

3 Likes

Since its so hot all day we always put a pitcher of frsh water in the freezer, and we take it ice cold from there, so i’ll put some drops in it without her looking… THX man!

2 Likes

My LAB came out smelling sour and a bit cheesy this is normal I assume ?

1 Like

Step two.

Fermenting the milk with the rice bacteria gathered and wait for the yellow substance to come out! Is it ok to strain it @lotus710?

4 Likes

Rice wash will seperate into 3 layers. You siphon middle layer and mix with milk. fill jar 3/4 full max. Yours may possibly over flow. Right through your valve. Then the milk will seperate and form a curd ontop. Once the curd is formed (about 3 days) you can strain.

If you leave the rice wash a bit longer you will notice red green white and other colored bacteria. These are nitrogen fixing bacteria. Thus creating a “veg” LABS

4 Likes

Gonna go drain a little bit to prevent overflowing… Thanks Sensei.

EDIT: Done, drained the glass to 3/4 capacity. Done and done!

2 Likes

i used no fat milk u get less curd & more whey ( what u really want ) per gallon of milk , the end product was the same as when i used whole milk , the curd seems easier to strain as well thru cheese cloth

1 Like

Thanks for the tip @fastslappy. Gonna put it to good use.

If i were you id use as whole as possible. You want as much food as possible and you want it fucked with as less as possible. Like your still warm milk… thatll fucking be incredible. No fat milk sounds like youve done some process to the milk like when you take the fats out of honeyoilXD

I’m gonna make it cow milk next time around. From an actual cow at a cow farm…

1 Like