Using "source turbo" for making carts

Hello

Wondering if anyone has experience here making oil for carts using the source turbo machine??? Any problems with the machine or using it at all??

I’m trying my hand at making qwiso and rosin carts a different way and if that doesn’t work well, I might buy the source turbo

Tia for any info

3 Likes

No experience on the machine itself but if you would like to see another good way to make Rosin carts check out @ReikoX rosin cart guide it is a really simple way to Press and process Bubble or Sift to get Rosin to a injectable form to put in carts.He blazes that shit like errrday.Uses a toaster oven to melt the rosin it’s pretty dope

4 Likes

I prefer to use my source turbo for edibles. But one could do an alcohol extraction and decarb that the same way. I would suggest winterizing the tincture first. :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve used water distillers in the past with culinary solvent and decarbed the FECO in the microwave on a 1000 watt set up in 20 second intervals for 2 min total with 15 sec in between cooking cycle and it beat the oven deal by like 23 min

2 Likes

These machines they come out with some of them are expensive for what the process is I have to see how much one of these things is and compare notes but anything with extraction is getting ridiculously expensive fast.Even a good rosin press starts at almost 400 bucks :rage:.It comes to my attention these days the gods help those who help themselves.Thanks everyone for putting the info out there.Knowledge is power and a Mime is a terrible thing to waste.Free the mind and the ass will go forward

1 Like

Cool. That is the method(reikox) I am going to try soon.

Guess I’ll see how it goes and hopefully I should be able to save myself $750 on that machine.

1 Like

Holy crap that’s a doozy please go take a look at that first man for that money you could have a press a water distiller to make FECO ,A toaster oven for the cart rosin and some culinary solvent it’s like 69 bucks a gallon.

1 Like

Ya I already saved reiko x’s post about making rosin carts. Will definitely go that route first. Rather not buy stuff i don’t really need.

2 Likes

I hate to see people get burned you made an excellent choice

1 Like

Make sure you purge your FECO properly.I let mine sit in an open container for a couple days in a clean environment ro let the rest of that alcohol evaporate at room temp.I do this before I decarb.It burns less in tinctures

What do mean

winterizing the tincture first

?

Here is a description from my tincture thread.

4 Likes