Vegging-Flowering-Vegging-Flowering

I got 4 Tatanka CBD plants going in living soil under blurple LED. I’ve always grown auto’s and somehow had it in my head that these were auto’s too but they aren’t. So when they started flowering I kept the tent open so they can get extra sunlight as I usually do, so they started vegging again and grew spaghetti buds, then it hit me that they need strict light schedules. Now since a week or so I keep the tent locked tight and strict 12-12 schedule. Do I need to give them an extra long dark period too? How many hours in the dark should that be? 24 … 48 hours??

2 Likes

Oops…
Photoperiods are funny that way… Just set them 12/12. It will take a week or two but they will start flowering again.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Thanks, I’m hoping the buds will be extra fat now that they’re all spindly, extra room to fatten up, who knows? :upside_down_face:

If that’s the case maybe it would be a good new habit, confuse them into dankness.

3 Likes

My mutant girls. Let’s see how they turn out!

6 Likes

Good luck with it. Everytime I have seen that, it usually does not do well in flowering. Hoping the best for you.

1 Like

Thank you, they were only in flower for a week or two until I realized so they have plenty of time to fatten up, the colas of the side branches were unaffected and I’m not in a hurry.

1 Like

Sounds like you should be good. Giving it time is smart.

1 Like

I tend to keep them going until there’s barely any white pistils left or until completely shriveled up.

You should be fine if it was just the one time. Not something you want to happen regularly as it can be a stressor.

Invest in a 40x or higher microscope. The trichomes can also help you more accurately determine the optimal harvest time.

1 Like

A little bit of stress is fine, it makes them stronger.
And the optimal harvest time is as late as possible.
When I see how they do it in Aghanistan, entire fields of shriveled up plants, not the slightest spot of green anywhere, and considering how good that hash is I’ll follow their example. You’ll never regret harvesting late, so long as there’s no mold. I want a full on body stone, none of that heady nonsense.

My point is, why waste money on equipment if you can just wait until it’s obvious with the naked eye.

Well, I suppose it depends if you are growing for flower or growing for hash?

They’re growing their own landrace varietals that are accustom to those conditions. We are growing modern hybrids in a complete artificial conditions (well most of us at least). A lot of the hashmakers here seem to harvest at or just before peak maturity of trichome development - long before full on ambers. Give this a look, Frenchy is the man in that space…

Imo. It’s nice to know the percentage/ratio of cloudy:amber trichomes, as it’s one more tool or factor you can add in judging the overall ripeness of your plant.

I grow for eating pure. I decarb the chopped up bud “au bain marie” in covered pot at 100 Celsius for 3 hours and then eat a teaspoon as one dose. I found out from experience the older the better, but that’s my personal preference. I’ll check out that PDF, thanks for linking me up!