-GH

6 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks for showing…
Look forwzrd to yhe rest…
I eoll b wstching
hope u have a good run

2 Likes

Mordida (Nierika Acapulco Gold x Nierika Zipolite Oaxacan) at 86 days 11/13 from clone. I don’t even wanna think about how long this would take at 12/12 from seed. We’re actually getting some brown hairs now. Really really nice; I was not expecting to like it so much; I just germed it for fun. Smells like mountain dew and spices. Gonna get harvested at or before 100 whether it’s totally done or not.

It’s odd how you make plans for what you’re going to grow and what you’re going to cross, and it’s so often the seeds you don’t expect anything of that end up surprising you. I set out 9 months ago looking to build a hashplant line and the seeds led me elsewhere. I am still closer to the hashplant line than I was when I started. It is starting to look like '79 Christmas Bud x '88 G13/HP for the hashplant line. They are both so very similar, and I honestly don’t know anyone else doing a true F1 broadleaf. It is looking like the hashplant/christmas bud run will be outdoor 2020. I don’t grow outdoor but 2 small plants purely for seed stock will be OK. Hope the neighbors won’t have any outdoor ladies with all the male pollen flying.

The Mordida clone has grown on me so much I tossed a clone in with the Bandaid Haze male flower run that has just started. I didn’t think I wanted to pair this 15 week monster to something that takes 12 weeks itself but I am really digging it.

21 Likes

96 days. Going to give it til 100 and chop it. It’s only pushing a few white pistils in selected areas, which it would probably happily continue to do for another 6 months if you let it. I’d love to give it another 2 weeks but the seed run is already underway and I need the space to squeeze in the monster Christmas Bud plant.

22 Likes

Looks amazing. You have done a great job!

5 Likes

Ooooh boy, the anticipation! :scream:

Beautiful work brother!

5 Likes

Beauty! Those actually have pretty decent bud density. I’ve only grown the Bodhi Acapulco Gold, and the plant I grew wasn’t that dense. Do you know if it’s from the Oaxacan side?

5 Likes

That shit is going to be a Sativa for the ages. You have astounding patience to wait this girl out. Great job! Downright inspirational.

RESPECT…
:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Wow 100 days. That’s a beautiful plant, your patience is about to pay off!

2 Likes

I imagine so. The Zipolite Oaxacan was a recent (within last few years) collection by Bodhi; most herb in Mexico is at least partially broadleaf genetics. The old tropical sativa varieties are all hybrids now, I wanna say people said it was an 11-ish weeker? 14 weeks is a long time but I bet I could let it run 16+ and it’d still push new pistils. That’s 14 weeks 11/13 from clone, not seed, I bet the seed plant could have run 17 or more weeks. Smells incredible, btw. Spiced mountain dew and some Vick’s Vapo-Rub.

12 Likes

It’s not really patience if I’ve wanted to cut it down every day for the past 3 weeks! It’s been fun but 12 weeks is about my max.

Hell some guys run 20+ week strains. Original haze is like that. I’d love to run my haze and old time Colombian beans, but half a year is a looong time.

I’ll have plenty of Mordida x Bandaid Haze soon enough, maybe you’d like to take a crack at them. Bandaid is by no means fast, but I still bet it’ll knock a couple weeks off and “tame” it a bit.

9 Likes

I hesitate to run long term Sativas. I’m afraid they will out live me!

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Nice surprise to the coroner and police on the scene!

“We got a D.B…natural causes…and some righteous herb. You might say the herb is…killer”

14 Likes

I feel ya. That’s about my max too. Just chopped down a 14 week Durban about a month ago, and currently on week 11 for my Panama Haze. I’m getting the itch… Not that I even need the room yet.

8 Likes

Hahahahaha! Found dead in a Grow tent with a loupe in his stiff hand. Lol

8 Likes

And a smile on his face

8 Likes

So… did you take a bud here and there prior to the main harvest to compare flavor/effect?

4 Likes

Lol no, I got tired of looking at it. :joy:

But with these long runners, you can kind of see them grind to a halt. Trichs usually don’t turn amber, and a lot of times they’ll foxtail forever. It’s a judgement call. Milky trichs, orange pistils, no apparent new growth (foxtails excluded) is how I decide.

7 Likes

Do you still keep the Christmas bud in pure form? Is it piney?

4 Likes