Very bright new growth?

My new growth seems very bright green / almost yellowish. Things seems pretty healthy and have been going well, just wondering if this is normal?

Here’s pictures under tent light and outside of it with flash.

12 Likes

Looks very healthy

4 Likes

Looks like rapid growth on a rather dark cultivar.
If it were light stress the leaves would be pointing strongly downwards.
May you be at peace and celebrate :green_heart:

9 Likes

That’s normal? Or at least not something to worry about?

Seems like every time new growth comes through it’s been getting increasingly brighter. Hasn’t really worried me since rest of the plant looks healthy. Just figured I’d ask.

6 Likes

Worrying is always useless. :smile:

Observing, on the other hand… that’s where the magic happens.

I had the same doubts when I grew my Secret Dragon, it was so vigorous it startled me.
Congratulations, your yield is gonna be more than you expect!

You can flip to flower when they’re about the same height as the pot.
Those are gonna be some bulky colas I can tell you that much.

What’s the name of this cultivar?

5 Likes

Is that the only one like that or are they all similar?

1 Like

Thanks! And it’s (Orange Kush Cake by Ethos)

2 Likes

I have 4 plants all same strain in the tent. One was planted two weeks late. The oldest 3 are all showing this.

I only took a pic of two this morning that I posted above, idk why I didn’t get a group shot too, I was high lol.

Here’s from a couple days ago, they didn’t look as bright green/yellow though

5 Likes

Looks good to me, I’d say keep doing what your doing.
Would like to hear more about your setup. What’s your soil, are you feeding anything?

1 Like

Super healthy

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s my first grow ever.

Doing organic soil. More or less following what I had planned In this post (link bellow). Kinda just doing whatever I want at this point too and seeing how the plants react as far as topping, lst, and defoliation.

Plan For My First Grow

3 Likes

Like everyone says no problem, new growth shoots are pale in my experience, grow forth mate👍

2 Likes

Lack of iron : ) maybe

1 Like

Perform a runoff pH test. It’s a mild case, but it does look a bit off.

Chartreuse yellow new growth like that is indicative that it isn’t optimal conditions. It could be the plant is hungry as well.

3 Likes

Are those autos by any chance? Or have you recently flipped to flower? Periods of very rapid growth like transition stretch are when healthy plants are more likely to show yellowish new growth like that.

3 Likes

No they are photo fem and day 41 of veg in that pic. I’ve topped, done lst, and defoliated.

Thanks for that info mate, mine are like that week 2 of flower.

2 Likes

Looks healthy to me…
You are feeling like it because of the darker older leaves…
Any kind of new growth will look very light in contrast with that lovely dark green …

4 Likes