Very simple seed run?

I have always tried to avoid seeds, but now would like to spread the love a little.

Are there any special considerations other than growing males and females in the same box, and maybe using the brush to dab the flowers for some encouragement? Any special food/temperature/drinks/mood music/disco balls?

I’m going to clone the NL and sex the clones, keep the mom from seed, but I figured why not run the best looking mom’s rooted cuts till reproduction, and end up with some somewhat selected seeds?

This is supposed to be a well-established strain, I’m not looking to hybridize or anything like that, just make some seeds to give away…

Thanks folks,
HH

12 Likes

Well, a little Barry White and a disco ball never hurt anyone… just saying

11 Likes

I totally own a tiny disco ball too…

15 Likes

I’d give you a thousand likes for that one if I could! :joy:

6 Likes

Don’t avoid seeds.

They are far less trouble than children, so I hear.

99%

10 Likes

Well, I got me one of those, so time to compare :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If putting a male in wait till the female has been flowering for two weeks to get enough budding to produce a good crop of seeds, flowering nutes but don’t get crazy as they grow very slow and are prone to root rot if to moist, give em enough light keep em at or around room temp and you will probably have a pile of seeds.

6 Likes

Thanks @lunchpale; so after they show sex I should separate the boys & girls, wait for some more bud development and then put the boys back in? Will the males still have enough pollen in their sacks for a simple pollination, or should I collect?

4 Likes

I would say if you are sexing at 18/6 lighting just keep your males back a few weeks , if you want to collect and later use pollen you will need a separate area to flower him out , so it all depends on what you have room to do

5 Likes

I was going to not trust my observational skills and inductive reasoning, take clones early, root them, and stick them under 12/12, then just keep them going. But if I have to keep the boys away for a few weeks I can find a way to do that

4 Likes

I made seeds on my last run. I just left the male in there and by the time he started dropping pollen, the females were plenty ready. One day I just gave the male a good shake and let the pollen fly, then pulled him out and got rid of him to make more room in the tent. Easy peasy. Shitloads of seeds.

4 Likes

Perfect, that’s my kind of breeding. I’ll still use the disco ball though… Shitload of seeds would be nice. If I manage to complete two tiny LED spaces before it’s time for the young ladies and gentlemen to get it on, I might give them a week apart for more buds, but your experience tells me it is not necessary for procreation. Thanks!

4 Likes

Disco ball music

5 Likes

Having said what I said… If you have the option of keeping them apart as they approach sexual maturity, I recommend doing that. In hindsight, I didn’t need as many seeds as I got. I’m talking hundreds from each of 2 females. When I break up a bud for an average sized joint, I get 20-25 seeds.

If you can keep them separate and then collect pollen and use a small paint brush to selectively pollinate a few lower branches, you’ll still have lots of seeds but you’ll have some sensimilla to smoke too.

8 Likes

Hola Gang

Too much polen is not good either
you’ll overload your female to work
only for the seeds so you’ll end up
with good seeds but also a lot of whities.

That’s good when you are OD cause
real ground could provide enough food.

I would say less is better indoor.

Personally I like to collect polen
on a big piece of glass and make
many little paper pouch store with
rice in the fridge last 2 yrs usually

Bare

10 Likes

Yeah it’s a lot easier than most people think , to pollenate after a 2/3 weeks as said above just some - ( not even much) - pollen painted or just blown over a female with many bud sites and BINGO you’ll most probably have seeds in 4 to 5 weeks … !
or you can just make some beans from gently dusting bottom buds ( popcorn) with very small dabs of pollen etc …
Good luck chucking guys ,
Gaz

5 Likes

j

Picking blueberries

7 Likes

And just keep feeding your seeding plants a well balanced diet. Think about it, if a woman is pregnant, she’s wanting to have the best, balanced diet for her baby. Same goes for plants, if your females are given a well balanced, high mineral diet, you’ll produce good, hard, viable seeds that’ll last for years. I hope end up with a good seed harvest!

4 Likes