Virginia Is For Lovers

Oh man, I haven’t even gotten my feet wet it seems, but good to see so many good people in one place. Very happy and thankful to be here. Oh, and Grateful! :pray: got to charge up the phone/hand held computer/brain but Ill be back tomorrow. Hope everyone has a blessed night!

8 Likes

Yeah I have seen a lot more people on the trail systems…I can’t go on the AT…but all the others are noticeably more active…
it was crazy during COVID…I would pass people on a horse and they would run 20’ off the trail into the woods turning their heads and hiding their faces…lol…boogey man gonna get ya…they still do to an extent.
There are a lot of places to hike in the general areas you are discussing here…Sky Meadows has a lot of trails…Bull Run Occoquan…Manassas…Andy Guest…Blandy…Fort Valley…SkyLine…many different trailheads…even more trails systems if you ride horses and can use Hunt gates…there is a trail system up on Mt. Weather as well, been a few years since I was over there…I don’t get around as much as I used to, or go many places unless it’s Hunt Season…I got permission finally after 20 years to access almost 750 acres of land across the street from me and make horse trails on it, so I just go over there to train horses or exercise them…no fuel spent, more money in my pocket.
Yes, a lot of us are still in the basement hiding because public perception is still the same and our standing in the community…blah blah blah the other reason is that most people out there are complete morons…like the other day, I heard a guy ask a worker at a Tobacco Hut where to buy weed and kept on about it…just not smart.
The rest of them…you could feed them shit and they would be happy…they are waiting for the dispensary to open.
The ones that want something more…are growing their own, as they will accept nothing less :no_entry_sign:

10 Likes

@dendro @bytheKasiz you guys gotta try the breakfast pizza from Village Market in Pine Grove if you haven’t already. Sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon. Shit is chronic!

7 Likes

That looks delish! But my stomach already hurts from looking at it.

4 Likes

Damn that looks delicious, thanks for the word! I’ll have to check them out, looks perfect for wake and bakes. lol

3 Likes

I’ll have to check that out, looks delicious, my lady is the foodie in the house though, I just try to grow it for her! She’s loving the tomatoes that are still coming in, hmu if you want any of those, cucumbers, or peppers. Those did and are still doing great, the sacred herb gods are still very angry with me. Next year though, I will be on point! Thank you again for your generosity, I fear/am accepting that I simply waited too long to ask for help. Lessons learned. Luckily, I always split my eggs up and so another spot or two are doing fine so far, probably because of the regalia no doubt so in the end, all was not lost! Many many thanks to you Sir! Please remember me anytime you need a hand and your usual go to’s aren’t able, thats when you know “I’ll be there!”
I do love that other little Pine Grove restaurant in that area. I have actually grown to very much appreciate a place that does not serve alcohol. A few reasons there but man do they feed ya good in that place! Right around the corner from Ravens Rock, which is just crazy packed almost any day of the week, part of the ‘roller coaster’ but this goes for anyone of our Va crew here, like Ive mentioned Im sure, I happen to live directly off the trail in a somewhat secluded(except for the two highways going through, the AT and an actual highway, unfortunately) and beautiful area, I am always down for just a regular stoner day hike for old times sake, and the access here is kind of a local secret(not for long, Im noticing more people but Luckily, everything around us is state park so no more building), just sayin if anyone ever wants to get up and do something, we can use my spot for a sweet home base of sorts for any nova hikers, but Im always down to meet up anywhere chill to get to know anyone here and get out of the house, move around, ya know, live it up!
Hope all is well today brother :pray: and the whole Va gang.

8 Likes

Found some bud rot because as we all know Virginia weather has been shit the last month. Trich’s cloudy. I cut the molded buds off. There weren’t too many and gonna make hash out of it.

Was also planted late in May unlike my neighbor who I gave a clone to who has a freakin christmas tree atm. Gonna go over there tomorrow and check hers.

White Widow.

11 Likes

OK Outside Vagrowers… Who’s fighting Bud Rot? I am not looking for a solution just a total number in the state.

GR

4 Likes

Mine hasn’t been too bad this year. Only plucked off a few spots so far

12 Likes

Hello. Here’s a shot of my outside plant. I believe it to be a @Tonygreen ril gg4. I stunted it on my last grow and gave it to my wife. She nurtured it to a massive 5 inches tall. We gave up on it and chucked it into a pot outside and forgot about it. Well here she is… However many months later. Coming in at a massive 1 and a half feet tall I am proud to present the rain water queen!

Toes for scale.

12 Likes

All my neighbors have it with most pulling out the little green worms out of the infected areas of the bud.Humidity has been high at night for 2 months with heavy dew.

I did not do outdoor this year for the very reason of budrot

4 Likes

Do any of ya’ll OD VA growers use Silica to combat PM? Been seeing some chatter that it helps prevent PM.

2 Likes

I heard sulfur was good for PM, I have some but haven’t had to use it yet. Not even my Japanese maples have them this year, and they ALWAYS get it

3 Likes

Yea sulfur is a good cheap way to combat it but I wouldn’t use it in flower right now. Only thing I’d spray right now is Regalia. For caterpillars and botrytis, spray BT once every other week starting in August and the problems will be minimal. I might do one last BT spray this weekend if the chance for rain on Monday continues. I’m getting far in flower and debating even doing it at all. Gonna check it out this afternoon when I feed them and see if any more rot or caterpillars have showed up.

4 Likes

How much longer is this growing season? Like 5 more weeks or so?

1 Like

Catapillers are wrecking my shit outside but I’m way too far into flower to spray anything. I think damage control is my only option at this point.

1 Like

Learned a valuable lesson this season. My south western facing grow area is not a good spot for Blue Dream regular plants. They grow just fine but some type of pathogen attacked it about two weeks into flower and now I’ve got some bud rot. Last year I ran AK48 in the same spot with zero issues at all! I guess if I try Blue Dream again I need to select a different area. I still should be able to salvage a couple colas out of this one.

Like everyone else has mentioned, it has been a shitty grow season.

6 Likes

I’ve been dumping time and energy into my new
spot only to find I think my yields are suffering due to not getting full sun all day. Next year the garden moves to full sun, and I’m only growing the most resilient non pm forming plants. I’ll save the rest for indoors. The catapillars and bud rot have been prominent in my outdoor this year as well….spinosad,
Lost coast and dr zymes have kept it at bay,

5 Likes

Thats the thing next year could be a scorcher and burn them up in full sun. Thats particularly why I had chosen the semi shady spot this year. The good thing is that I didn’t have a lot of time and effort tied up in them. I was really excited the first week of July, just to be let down in the last couple weeks.

2 Likes

Yall know I feel the pain, plants were gorgeous all year, this last month or so changed everything, but I just love the “next year Ill do this instead” attitude. Ive got some f1 auto/photo beans that I made this year just for early harvesting next year. Banana Berry Muffins x El’Chemi Kiwi and bbm x Double Smile. So far the BBMxECK is unaffected by any of our common ailments…

The pm tainted girls are gonna make some fine press and edibles, the regalia certainly helped, not perfect but quite excellent for something that should be used as preventative…

Hope all the Va fam is good these days, if anyone wants/needs anything, just hmu, I definitely want to help overgrow Va with yall!

13 Likes