Virginia Is For Lovers

I believe it’s 2oz in public but you raise an excellent point. They make a law restricting a certain amount but the only way to know how much you have is using a scale and possessing one can get you a felony distribution charge. It’s bat shit insane. You can grow it, you can possess it in public up to a certain amount but you can’t use scales to weigh it or baggies to carry it in. I hope these issues are brought up in court.

3 Likes

His court date is 12/14/22 and his only charge so far is Distribution/Possession with intent Marijuana >5Lbs. That carries a minimum of 5 years and a max of 30. Right now, as I understand it, there’s no limit on how much you can have at your residence. I don’t even see how they have a case when you consider that most recent laws require us to get scales so we know how much we are possessing in public. Furthermore, the baggies argument should be thrown out when you consider the practicality of carrying and storing a perfectly legal item and also that the law doesn’t explicitly state that one should NOT use baggies. They could’ve gotten him on other stuff tho, I wonder why they didn’t :thinking:

2 Likes

Virginia doesn’t allow you to possess or manufacture concentrates, just flower. Pretty sure the other charges will likely not stick. The unknown is that he has a prior distribution charge.

3 Likes

Yeah he does have prior distribution charges, for weed and shrooms,. But there are no other charges this go around. Idk if they can slap other charges on at this point or not. Also, I wonder if the concentrates are being grouped in with the Distribution/PWI. Aren’t there other laws for that? Manufacturing maybe?

2 Likes

I’m sure there is something in code that addresses it. I just stay away from concentrates unless making butter for immediate use. Don’t give them a reason, whomever it may be.

5 Likes

Aren’t the oils the medical dispensary sells a concentrate? This is confusing af. I can’t make a brownie… my only legal option is to inhale stuff, period? Well then it’s not legal lol

5 Likes

Seafood Festival in Poquoson this weekend.

Anybody else going? Heard this one is pretty good.

4 Likes

The entire structure of our legalization was slapped together on what’s his name’s way out. Make no mistake Younkin has surrounded himself with industry professionals and I believe is planning to make a couple of his buddies really rich. None one is gonna like this outcome.

8 Likes

He was ceo of Carlyle group (about as Inside DC as you can get) so I suspect you’re right. A monopoly system no doubt with many many asterisks on our rights. Private equity ppl suuuuck.

7 Likes

One word… Altria

6 Likes

It’s always a good time at the Poquoson Seafood Festival. We usually go but this weekend is the VT Miami game we came to Blacksburg for.

4 Likes

Dude! You changed your avatar! You need a Stealie with Gonzo and Camilla. Waka waka!

4 Likes

Homegrown VA in Richmond by Diamond today till 3pm little vendor setup & a live turkey walking around just chillin

6 Likes

What’s the live turkey vending?

3 Likes

LoL

9 Likes

I live in Ashburn and work in DC. I’vre got 4 plants going outside. Once they’re done, I’m going moving my operation inside.
I’ve got Nirvana’s Bubble Kush, Nirvana’s Bubblelicious.
I was a regular on the original orvergrow back in the early 2000’s.

11 Likes

Cool welcome to the VA thread Pete!
I used to pop in a data center in Ashburn every couple weeks, nice town… lot of traffic!

6 Likes

Friend of a friend’s retired cop dad sayin Tidewater grow shops had visits from ABC asking for custy lists…what do y’all think of this rumor?

Personally I feel like they gonna try and make some big examples outta people.

1 Like

ABC probably checking to see if they should be in charge of selling weed.

4 Likes

Kinda scary if true, but I would love to see some validation before I start getting concerned.

5 Likes