Virginia Is For Lovers

There’s a bill to reschedule psilocybin that just passed the VA senate (yesterday?) that’s now headed to the house. We’ll see, house is R controlled. Anyway, Spores legal, medium legal… but no, you can still get popped for the finished product.

Which is dumb, shrooms prevent suicide (anecdotal, though it has been shown in trials to reverse major depression) & break addictions (anecdotal). They should be passing it out with your Buffalo wings.

7 Likes

Not silly at all, there is a pl-ether of reasons I don’t spend money in RVA. Actions like this is just one of them.

Taxes are way too high in RVA… Why I sold rental property there in 2021.

Yeah I deprive myself of a lot of things by this stance (Triple crossing,Sidewalk, etc) but I am fine with it… Sleep well at night too knowing I am not funding any of this type of stuff! :slight_smile:
GR

I like your style!

I vote they take all of the tax money generated from the sale of cannabis and bring the Braves back to their rightful home!

4 Likes

What’s the narcotics warrant for exactly? Did I miss it?

I’m ok keeping the squirrels and using that money to bring back the Renegades! The black and orange Gades, not the teal/purple gades.

3 Likes

I was a big Renegades fan. 25L G Seat 1/2

3 Likes

I just went to my first pop up.

Everyone’s weed looked identical. It was the damnedest thing.

All machine trimmed C and D nugs.

Some dudes kept telling me I could sample anything on their table out of their bong! Lol! No thanks bro. The plague is still crackin off out here!

10 Likes

Went for the first time today, made $400 in a 3 hour session playing 1/3 no limit. Waited two hours for the beer I ordered to make it to the table. Half the people playing poker have no idea what they’re doing, easy money.

3 Likes

Great feedback. I watched they were super crowed at the time. I agree easy money…

GR

2 Likes

Anybody got any more intel on that waste of money pop up bust at that shop in RVA?

GR

1 Like

Thanks a lot… If that is the case that sucks and poor judgement. I think being the first legal generation in Va to grow cannabis comes some responsibility to stay in the lanes,m especially if you are letting it happen in your grow shop… They will use stuff like this to turn growing illegal again or try too…

Just my personal opinion. I sure hope that isn’t the case.

GR

7 Likes

I think it’s the case, unfortunately.

1 Like

Well that just wasn’t smart

2 Likes

@happytreesexp is their IG and they’re saying no arrests were made but now they’re closed until further notice for some reason. Idk what’s going on but they’re saying they have attorneys on it 🤷

1 Like

Thats ironic, I just saw on the news one of the co founders was arrested? Happy Trees co-founder arrested after two search warrants for business, warehouse | WRIC ABC 8News

Yeah the whole story has been weird. I haven’t been paying much attention to legislation lately but seems like VA lawmakers aren’t so progressive lately. That article mentions the bill to start sales for rec in 2024 was shot down along with a bill to lessen the punishment for shrooms. We really gotta start letting our votes do the talking for us.

5 Likes

Recreational weed bills are now dead for this years session. News this morning is to go even further and defund the Cannabis Control Authority as well. It’s an unfortunate loss of opportunity and new revenue stream for the state. I’m pretty conservative but these dumbass politicians got this all wrong and have fkd this royally.

5 Likes

Yeah next thing you know they’ll take home grown away and recriminalize. I hope not but won’t matter to me, I’ll leave all the social groups and do it in privacy. Fuck their silly laws.

10 Likes

The entire story is so stupid. This is exactly what the media outlets wanted. They even stich in a Criminal Defense attorney on there saying there is no reason anyone should have more than an oz on them at any time in any place… I’d like to see someone grow 4 plants in their home that all yield less than 1 oz together. Richmond Police arrest Happy Trees co-founder following search warrants - YouTube

3 Likes

It’s crazy all this structure being built and torn down is just a shape-shifting money struggle and has so little to do with the plant. I’m not interested in money. I’ll never stop.

4 Likes