Virginia Is For Lovers

Did they go and buy way too much inventory again with another shipment on the way and no where to put it, so everything must go? They’ll never learn I guess 🤷

4 Likes

Got it bro…

9 Likes

Haha. Back in the day when I sold cars for Chevy, I was at the dealership joking on one of the sale commercials with another salesman. One of the higher ups grabbed me by the shoulder and said “wanna hear something funny? The same sale is running 24/7/365. We only choose to promote it a few times a year.”

2 Likes

Dont be playing with me :rofl::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

How’d she taste? You get any capn crunch vibes?

4 Likes

Totally man, I’ve kept her around for awhile just because of that sweet milk flavor :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m looking for :drooling_face:

2 Likes

It’s not over yet, not by a long shot. Now, Republicans are trying to introduce legislation to legalize. That is a MAJOR change. There was a time when Democrats and Republicans alike refused to even discuss decrim. I read something to the effect of 2/3 of Republican presidential hopefuls back legalization. HHS (Health and Human Services) is in the process of “researching” whether cannabis should be rescheduled or de-scheduled. That will take time, but it will almost certainly be good for us, whatever it is.

3 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/cannabis-confusion-advocates-push-for-clarity-in-virginia-legalization-efforts/ar-AA17Unsw

3 Likes

They saw our community coming together in public & were like “Nope, we’ll have none of that, back in the closet you go bitches”.

Same thing happened to LGBTQ folks for decades. But they can’t stop the storm of progress & just like LGBTQ folks… one day we’ll have our parades. People who use drugs will unite :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

It’s legal to grow up to 4 plants, and a $200 civil fine for over 4 but less then 12(I think it’s 12)., so I can’t see much coming out of getting the list. Maybe they’re oing checks on shops to see if they’re following policy and getting customer information.

I haven’t checked the law in VA, but in W. VA a head shop has to get their customer’s info. It’s kind of like the policy that a FDIC bank “know it’s customer.” Just thinking.

3 Likes

I’ve never had any of the places I go want to see my ID. That’s spooky to me.

6 Likes

Likewise and I’ve been to tidewater grow supply to check it out during an event they had.

side note. The popup had nothing but glorified mids, every container smelled the same, trichomes were hard to find. I know I’ve said before but I have yet to smell/taste a bud at any of these popups that comes close to our meticulously cared for homegrown buds.

12 Likes

I’ve never been to a pop-up like that. I was at the lucky leaf expo, they had some vendors there, but never at like a hydro shop. There aren’t many places close to me lol

3 Likes

We have a bunch here in Hampton Roads now. I don’t frequent any shop, minus The Grow Empire in VA Beach to get my bags of soil. $25 cheaper for the 2 I use compared to anywhere I’ve found online.

1 Like

I have to go to Richmond for my supplies. There used to be a shop right across the NC line, but I think they got shut down

4 Likes

I went to one pop up. I didn’t even stop at any table because all I could see was jars of brown outdoor sitting on everyone’s table. I was hoping I could get some good shit to try different strains before growing them, but decided to keep my money.

I also talked to a guy that had some “fire” stuff from a popup the other day, it was the tiniest little popcorn buds with no shine. Smoked smooth, but not much high.

5 Likes

That sounds exactly like my experience. They had the LED topped containers to try to make them look better. I made the mistake of trying one and it was subpar for sure.

3 Likes

We could always setup a OG friend get-together to swap strain samples as gifts to each other. Absolutely no $ exchanged. Just cool grower friends gifting small amounts to each other for the sake of trying different things we might want to grow.

By May I’ll have Chem D x Purple Punch & I already have a 3 month cured NL1 :+1: I’ve got no problem showing up & meeting my og friends irl. Screw those pop-ups & the wanna be dealers :metal:

Just an idea.

15 Likes

I’d be down for that.

There’s a lot of strains I wanna try and never have. Like I don’t think I’ve ever tried any of the Chems. Blue Dream Santa Cruz is also something I’ve been wanting to try.

7 Likes