Virginia Is For Lovers

I think that’s what the guy at the hydro shop suggested when I called.

I’ve also considered the handle of an old metal broom. Cut the ends off, flatten the ends with a hammer, bend as needed. Conduit is pretty cheap, though. I think it’s like $7 for a 10 foot length of 1/2 inch from Home Depot.

1 Like

My next and final question. Has anyone used a timer like this before? I’m not understanding how to set it. I want it on at 6 am, and off at 6pm

5 Likes

It’s the exact ones I use. They work great, but are a pain in the butt to set. You plug it in, twist the dial to the current time, press the tabs down for the time you want the light off and leave them up for the time on. Be careful. I’ve accidently pressed them down while turning the dial and my light was going out coming on and going out again.

3 Likes

I’ll try setting it again. I’m gonna plug my bedroom lamp into to make sure the schedule is right before I add it to the setup.

2 Likes

I always do the same thing because I get it backwards sometimes. They are reliable though. Just don’t overload them. The light on the unit only comes on when the output is on. You don’t have to cover it with tape.

2 Likes

Heard a commercial today for a grow/smoke shop that was pushing the “new gummies”. 25:1 cbd:thc gummies saying they have the new hotness and they make you higher than regular. I’ll admit I chuckled and called bs, but I also don’t know. I won’t be purchasing any, more curious than anything. Are they full of shit?

3 Likes

can take conduit “straps” we call them and attach them to a chunk of conduit to further your idea and not have to bend or have sharp edges to work out.

2 Likes

Probably. I can’t imagine jacking up the amount of CBD would get you much higher. I’m also not very educated on it lol

1 Like

I wouldn’t eat one of those ‘newly formulated’ gummies. CBD & THC of dubious origin. Helllll na

1 Like

Id try it. In my limited experience, women like the CBD more than men. My husband thinks CBD is bullshit and D8 is barely whatever.

I think CBD stuff is nice and D8 gets me high as a kite. Differently than THC.

But anyway, I’d try it since I’m female

3 Likes

Right on. Just do your research, make sure its not CBD from Chinese hemp & loaded with heavy metals.

3 Likes

I dig on some of the delta 8 vapes. The Medusa brand, uppercut blend is fantastic :star_struck:

2 Likes

I don’t consume any cannabis or byproduct of that isn’t from someone I know, that grew it. Only exception in the last 3 years was from a jar of blum gummies that said delta 9, but who knows beyond the LA store address what they were about. Then some mids I got from some popups lol.

3 Likes

That’s funny I live in fuku county or fukaqu**r they called us in football lol used to piss me off

4 Likes

I actually am considering switching back to the analog timers because I live in a very rural town and we tend to have quick power outages and internet issues. The analog timers don’t have that problem. If the switch is on it’s on.

2 Likes

I used to be a mechanical timer guy too. Felt like you do. Inspired by a buddy, I switched to Kasa branded WiFi enabled smart plugs.

The mechanical timers always have to be reset to the correct time after an outage.

Kasa allows one to set the action once power returns depending on the cycle-function. and it checks and resets the timer to the correct time (NTP)

If the light was supposed to be on at that time - it comes back up on. If not, the timer keeps on running with the correct time and the light does not come up.

7 Likes

What’s that cost?

3 Likes

I have one of those. Used it a lot when I lived in Denver. We don’t have WiFi here so I don’t use it anymore.

3 Likes

I have all of my devices using them. Exhaust/intake fans, circulation fans, lights, heaters, and humidifiers. It will power the Mars Hydro FC-6500 without any issues. Have also used it on 1000 watt HPS and Metal Halide lights.

4 Likes