Vortex from SubCool’s The Dank

Rock on bro!! :grin::grin:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Crazy how the tone of response on your riu thread is just so….not overgrow vibes. Much better energy here

4 Likes

I agree, but they are being pretty helpful, esp. Tardis, he’s always been pretty cool. OG is head and shoulders above the rest! I love this place! :heart::heart::heart: I’m actually surprised those guys didn’t tear me apart…. Yet.

8 Likes

Remember the cutoff for Co-op runs is 150 people. What would be the point in growing 1000 cuts from the same seeds? That would take a ridiculous amount of growers who would essentially be growing the same thing. Even if you could find growers willing to plant 20 clones that’s still 50 growers. My Sour Bubble run produced north of 20,000 seeds, I guess I just don’t see the point. With the Goji OG they had 8 packs of seeds so used 8 growers but in this case it seems to me one good grower would be enough to drowned OG in these beans. IMO those willing growers would be doing the community a much bigger service if they grow strains of their own.

7 Likes

Well the 1000 cuts was really an example. Ideally we will have over 100 beans. I could easily see 10 growers growing out 3-400 cuts between them. Think large population…this is a fairly well worked line, so any phenos are going to be desirable.

That explain things soldier?

:hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

LOL, oh I understand. Just think this is being made into something way bigger than it needs to be and all those resources would be better utilized producing some of the other millions of strains out there. Just an opinion. Don’t let me dissuade you from doing you man, just voicing my opinion, everybody has one.

8 Likes

@DougDawson

Thought I would elaborate for posterity!

Running cuts instead of seeds has several benefits. First, there will be more diversity in the final populace: 10 cuts vs 1 seedling; the ten cuts will be produce much more diverse stock. Secondly, we can get cuts out to multiple growers who would like to participate. Thirdly it is insurance against any losses. Fourth it provides multiple growers with the full line as well as creating a strain inclusive co-op.

I think the name of the game here, producing Vortex F2s, is diversity.

:cupcake::cupcake::cupcake:

:grin:

2 Likes

Space Vortex :wink::grin:

Thought this was cool, Celestial Bodies in Motion

3 Likes

Or a rainbow hurricane! Haha. Depends if your In FL right now!

2 Likes

I was in Tampa earlier this year…hope they make it through the storm safely.

2 Likes

Sorry guys, but I’m looking forward to growing these out myself. I hope everyone understands…
I absolutely will make f2s and give a bunch out down the line, but it will be a while. Just too many projects to get to before that one.

6 Likes

Gotta say, you’ve lost me here. Ten cuts off one seedling will be ten identical cuts, and no different than using the mother for breeding? Not sure how we’re getting to 100 seeds, ten or twenty would do, but even if we did, that would just be 100 phenos, regardless of whether we took and shared cuts.

I think @DougDawson makes a good point that this can be a relatively simple thing, and doesn’t need to be a major effort among many breeders that could be doing other preservation work.

7 Likes

And these were grown by an awesome breeder. As he said a lot of his stuff has been jacked.

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

I hope you get some pollen from this Vortex run, so that you have a wider, diverse gene pool for making your seeds.

6 Likes

I will say that any projects done with TGA gear should be done right. I hope you guys figure it out. :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

I too hope any subcool would be down right by and experienced grower.

8 Likes

I agree Cole, on my end, this project is going on the back burner until we get what we need and figure out what’s going to happen.

4 Likes

I’ve got a 10 pack I can send you. PM me an addy, and I’ll get 'em moving. :grinning:
:guitar:

28 Likes

@Guitarzan You sir, are a rock star! (slow motion flying chest bump like Milli Vanilli)

11 Likes

Thank you sir :pray:

11 Likes