Vortex from SubCool’s The Dank

If anyone has the Space Queen so we can hook @Guitarzan back, I’m open for trades, thanks :pray:

11 Likes

hot damn Apollo 13 bx was my favorite, then jacks skellington

10 Likes

@PhilCuisine maybe we can trade something with you for those old SQ seeds so that we can get @Guitarzan hooked up for a preservation run of mid 2000s Space Queen after he gave his Vortex seeds for this one?

Besides @buckaroobonsai 's offer, mine still stands from earlier in the thread, so you’re probably looking at a two packs for one trade if you’re interested

11 Likes

I found Vortex F2 reg. seeds available from Genetic Supply in California.

They also have a TON of NorStar Genetics strains. He bred a lot of the strains that Subcool sold under his own branding.
Check out the Producers Overstock page.

13 Likes

Very interesting find! Awesome!

4 Likes

I see what you mean, the 300$ ‘tumbler’ deals are interesting…

That Vortex F2 would be an interesting project.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Good find, I saw those a couple days back, I would like to grab a pack for this run but finances won’t allow it for at least a couple more weeks…. I hope they don’t sell out before then.

5 Likes

The creeper pheno is a willow pheno. I found several nice phenos when I grew these…one pheno was a willow type :grinning:.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

6 Likes

Ok folks, we have a plan forming, still waiting on seeds in hand to submit a formal co-op vote proposal, but I wanted to let people know what was up so far. We have ten F1 Vortex seeds in play, five each coming from @Griftee and @Guitarzan so first off, thank you to both for giving us the baseline genetics we need for this project. Since that’s only ten seeds, half of which are fairly old, it’s been decided, after a little consultation with folks who know more than me, that it would be best to add in a pack of the Vortex F2 preservation from GroundBreaking Seed Group on Genetic Supply:

“The Vortex preservation project is by GroundBreaking Seed Group, fellow Weed Nerd. Vortex x Vortex is a selected F2 that is concentrated on the mango candy terps with a few that did show the classic Apollo baby poop aroma. One of their goals was to try to get away from the vining structure that was found in the original stock, a few phenos still contain this structure.”

Since we didn’t manage to catch the last of the F1 Vortex from Norstar’s Producers Overstock, this is the best option available to make a bigger and more diverse genetic pool for preservation. @buckaroobonsai and I are going to split the cost of a pack to add in so that this is a good forever preservation of this strain instead of one with limited parents contributing. By crossing up to ten F1s with up to ten F2s, we should maintain diversity of phenos and give everyone a chance to find what they’re looking for when they grow them out.

27 Likes

I can pitch in so we can split the cost 3 ways if you wish.

9 Likes

Just let me know how to get the money to you guys.

6 Likes

This is so dope! I love this community!

10 Likes

@Kabuddha @Dirt_Wizard @HeadyBearAdventures @Guitarzan

Ugh that wasn’t very OG’ER of me was it.
I’m sorry guys, :disappointed:

I’ll happily send in my only seeds of Vortex this is all in info I got on the ones I’m holding from 4yrs ago;

" ( 2 ) Vortex F2 = Vortex was a subcool strain 90% sativa very frosty and fast for a sativa. "

Just make sure to send me back atleast a 5 pack of seeds from this Seed Run ok :+1:

Someone DM for shipping info

18 Likes

Thanks so much for that, I think we have it covered, @deeez99 and @MonsterDrank also offered to help, much love to all of you, real OG’s all day long! :heart:

9 Likes

This is really getting interesting guys props :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

9 Likes

Go for it… Great to see you have acquired the seeds.

Good luck on this endeavor… I think it’s a great strain to run.

Regards

P J

10 Likes

This run is looking better and better, from no seeds to 20+? Great things are afoot! :+1:

17 Likes

Thank you to all involved. I’m getting giddy over here!

6 Likes

Looking at my schedule, I think that I’ll end up dropping the beans for this in mid-November, I’ve got some travel planned for late October so I won’t want to leave seedlings unattended. That should put things on track for a late March harvest, with beans ready for shipping to the coop distribution network in April. Probably too late for the spring box, these are looking like they’ll make it into next Fall’s box, but obviously that will be up to the coop working group.

11 Likes

To explain my thinking on this one so far, and how this project can have a higher likelihood of success, I want to explain the logic behind adding in a dozen F2s. We have ten F1 seeds from @Guitarzan and @Griftee , to which we could assign a perfect genetic diversity value of 10, as first generation crosses of the parental lines. So if all ten F1s sprout and grow, we have a genetic diversity score for the run of 100. If we add in ten more of the GroundBreaking F2 selections, to which I’m going to arbitrarily assign a genetic diversity value of 5, that takes our run to a score of 150. With the extra two F2s from @CADMAN that come different F1 seed parents, let’s call those a score of 6 each. I’m giving those an extra point because we don’t know if they were selected in the same way and for our specific needs, they are different and therefore more valuable for diversity than two more GB F2 seeds. This all gives us a potential genetic diversity in this run of 162, in this made up scoring system I’m using to understand this.

Now let’s say we lose three each F1 and F2 to not cracking or otherwise failing, or being spontaneous hermaphrodites, we lose 45-47 points so our run is now about a 115. Back to just above if we had a perfect 10/10 showing from ten F1 seeds. Which would be unrealistic to expect even under perfect conditions. By adding in F2s, even with their lower individual genetic diversity, we add to the total pool and help guarantee success, i.e. big piles of free seeds for everyone! If I’ve made any gross errors here please correct me, and if there’s a more exact genetic math to do I’d love to learn it from one of you.

21 Likes