Wanting to accumulate seeds for giveaways

I see what you are saying George but I don’t think that fits all situations. I don’t arbitrarily keep seeds for auctions. I have been given seeds specifically for auctions. Some folks want to contribute and seeds is what they have to give. Since the people of OG have made it clear they don’t want to see member grown seeds in auctions they become freebies added to winning lots after that fact. That is the only way I can see to allow those folks who want to give their opportunity while at the same time acknowledging those who don’t feel it’s right to put a monetary value on them.

This is something that has been going on since before I came. I see tons of giveaways that are USA only as I am sure you do. There is nothing wrong with that IMO. Some Canadians send in seeds to go out in the spring and fall boxes. They are not sending enough to cover the world but still enough to send out to fellow countrymen. Could be they did not manage to make enough to send to all. Once these are in the hands of Canadians you can bet they are being gifted and traded all over the world.

There are usually restrictions. CO-OP’s limit the number of people as do trust levels. Many giveaways or contests I have seen are USA only, I assume to keep from having to send across the border. I can understand that.

The fact is that when folks send seeds to me and ask for them to go to a specific purpose I have to respect the wishes of the donator. It’s not meant to exclude anyone. You have seen me around for a while now, I of all people love to send seeds out and it has always been world wide. Many asked me to slow down giveaways if you recall which I drastically did. I complied with this request as I was trying to respect the opinions and wishes of all. This is the same for seeds provided for auctions or addons to boxes.

7 Likes

If they are in some way part of the lot you have to pay for them, they are still part of the auction, but that’s my point of view. I understand what you mean with only canucks but if we’re not able to safely send seeds over frontiers we should start to collect stamps or coins instead, those geographic distinctions divide the community, we should keep our global worldwide spirit and avoid those kind of restrictions … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

I appreciate your opinion but it’s the proverbial rock and hard place I find myself between. I have some folks who donated seeds to contribute to the auction I am about to do for the server fund. This is what they had to give and wanted to be part of it. What would you do in this case? OG members don’t want them sold so can’t put them in the lots. They were contributed to help the server fund. How you would deal with this?

It’s not a matter of not sending them over frontiers, it’s about numbers. Some seeds I got 2 or 3 packs from members. It makes logical sense to send them out here and not chance them crossing the border. The fact is we cannot paint with such a broad brush. I fully agree we don’t want to divide the community but that is not what is happening. Do we complain about division when someone gives out seeds to USA only which I see all the time? Of course not as they only have a small amount and don’t want to risk sending them across international borders. What about the Tuesday giveaway today, it was USA and Canada only. Should we complain because they did not offer them world wide?

I think the bottom line is that sometimes it makes sense to keep things local. It’s just the reality of some situations. The alternative is saying to folks no, I won’t pass out your seeds since you didn’t bring enough for everyone. Or no, you cannot contribute to the server fund auction. That does not seem like a better alternative to me.

6 Likes

Still accepting donations for giveaways, just message me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes sir!!!

1 Like

With giveaways picking up and my auction out of the way I thought I would bump this thread as I am looking for more beans to spread around. PM me if you would like to send something than can be passed around to OGers. :v:

7 Likes

Just thought I would bump this thread back up so folks could see it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh good.
I was meaning to PM you in the new year to see if this was still ‘a thing’

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I will also PM you in the new year about this.

3 Likes

Hey @Gpaw and @Floyd , it is indeed still a thing :wink: Always looking for beans to send out, more so now that I will doing the Canadian distribution. I look forward to hearing from you both in the new year :slight_smile: Thanks very much :v:

7 Likes

Once I finish up with what I have going I will be crossing a number of strains that folks should enjoy. Will be a few months though. I will hit you up when they are about ready……

7 Likes

Sounds great @Oldjoints , many thanks.

1 Like

I’m working on something
Just not crosses

3 Likes

All are welcome and appreciated bud :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will do a hunt , I imagine somewhere in the two fridges I will find a couple I can pry out of my greedy mitts

4 Likes

That’s awesome, many thanks.

4 Likes

You got a bunch of CF, I don’t think you want anymore :rofl: That’s all I got.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

That’s ok, your thoughts are enough :heart:

4 Likes

Just bumping this thread to keep it on folks radar :wink:

5 Likes

Just poking you bud :wink:

How did your hunt go bud :slight_smile:

4 Likes