Water culture, second run

Hello fellow humans,

this is my second indoor grow. In previous one I had a lot of troubles, caused mainly by my low expertise, but thanks to help from Overgrow community, I was somehow able to finish grow and get some usage of it. You can check my previous grow here. I have been trying passive hydroponics first (Kratky’s method), but as per good advises here, I have upgraded to water culture - it was a quite easy transition, because I have only added some air pumps. As you can tell from pictures, it is partly self made growing room. It is cheaper to do some things by myself and I have also specific area for grow, where I would not have usage for complete growing tent. I am quite satisfied with my solution for water reservoir, but current state of ventilation system, would probably cause problems with mold later on. I is also quite noisy.

Lastly I had problems with pests (some whiteflies), right now I only have to make sure to do not allow my cats into room, as they like to eat leaves. :slight_smile:

I will add more photos as time will go and ask various questions as problems will emerge.
As always, I will be glad for advises, questions etc.

7 Likes

Put up a simple flystrip for airborn pests

1 Like

I just defeated white fly a few weeks back. It took about 3 weeks.

Sticky traps like suggested above to reduce their numbers but you have to get rid of them… Track them down - they lay their eggs somewhere.

They have about a 16 day cycle - it is winter so maybe a little longer but under grow lights they keep comin. I smashed on them one by one and had to lightly defoliate every day or so. I found their hangout on a lower leaf near the soil line and ziplocked it. After that it was a matter of cleaninng up the grow space and checking back daily in case I missed any eggs or there were 1-2 survivors left.

*edit: ur plants are a good size to be able to keep them in check fairly easily. Diatomaceous Earth works wonders on the leaves but you are in an enclosed space… if all else fails…

Happy grows!

1 Like

Hi Guys,

thank you for responses. I did not express myself clearly - luckily I do not have problems with white flies anymore, it was during my previous try. I have sterilized room and all my equipment with UVC light, so it is super clear. Anyway thank you for advises, in case they would re-appear, I will destroy them. :slight_smile:

Hi there,

here are some updates from last two weeks:

one week ago:

now:

I am growing from seeds. Right now I do not know which are males and which females.

I had this one flower, I have decided to do not let her grow further.

I am quite satisfied with this grow so far. Ph remains stable for last two weeks around 5.7. EC is slowly decreasing, now around 0.5. From 50 liters in both tanks, 30 liters remain after two weeks. It is mostly passive system. I will have to refill tanks in a few days, but except for that I only check them every day visually. I also do refill humidifier every 3 days, but bigger humidifier can be used.

1 Like

What strain and is that last picture? Funny looking fan leaf.