Welcome To DaFozz's Den

Aww! They are just so cute when they are little baby seedlings

4 Likes

They certainly are… and grow up to be such nice and generous ladies and gents…:+1:

Peace
DaFozz

3 Likes

Just thought I would do a bit of an update on what’s going on… Was a beautiful weekend to be outdoors…:sun_with_face::sunny:

Day 14 for everything, with the exception of a new addition (RX1), one of @ReikoX’s FAM, which is now on Day 5. I tried to germ the other 3 seeds that had some damage but they didn’t make it. I didn’t expect they would but thought I would give it a shot anyways…

A few pics…

Mendo Lights…

The Fuzz 1…

The Fuzz 2…

Easy D…

Da Green…

And the latest addition, labelled as RX1, at 5 days from planting…

Just been shuffling things in the cabinets until the other Autos from @Mr.Sparkle finish up, and will be transferring at least two more Autos into the biggest cabinet. Just play things out for now and see how things go…

Thanks for stoppin’ in… Take it easy…:peace:

Peace
DaFozz

14 Likes

Fuzz #2 will probably be a crinkle doesn’t look too bad, and less so the easy D less but still a possibility with that one.

Apart from the main crinkle aspet the one give away is the outside edge of the fan leaves curling upwards such as the fuzz.

Just watch those two and do your own thing ;).

8 Likes

Looking good. Very uniformed. Thanks for the update

3 Likes

Well, long overdue for doing an update, and I apologize for my tardiness…lol I actually started to post 2 or 3 times and after a couple sentences I either got sidetracked or didn’t know what to write or both, and just gave up… Stoner writer’s block I guess…

Anyways, I think my Autos from @Mr.Sparkle are on Day 35 now, and the one Auto from @ReikoX (RX1) FAM mix is on Day 26. I wanted to take a bit more aggressive approach to growing this round of Autos, and have employed some LST and a flop already… The Easy D was beginning to stretch, so I didn’t want to let it get too far along, so I flopped it to even things out better… It was already about 6 inches above the others, and exhibiting the same characteristic as the ATM did in my other thread… They seem to have handled everything so far, and really dispels any doubts I’ve had about Autos not liking to be trained, etc. Not that I am going to go abusing plants, but it’s good to know they can handle some stress and still carry on…

Anyways, a few pictures…

The Fuzz (1)… the other Fuzz is outdoors now, so I’ll have to get a pic later. It’s a bit behind this one, so I wanted to try it outdoors for the duration and see what happens…

Easy D…

Da Green…

And last, but certainly not the least, RX1 (FAM)…

Group

I still have the Mendo Lights going from @deep_rob, and my intent is to take cuts, sex them, then run when ready. I used a bit of LST on them to try and promote lower growth so I can take cuts, so it should speed up the process a bit from here on out… I’ll see… I also germinated one of the Stargazer (Warlock X AK47 X Sensi Star) seeds I had, and it seems to be doing ok so far, so another Reg Photo in the mix…

With all that being said, I knew I wouldn’t I wouldn’t have the Mendo Lights ready to go by the time the Autos were done, so I kind of put Plan B into action…lol

I wanted to do another run of Skywalker OG, as I am more and more impressed by the bud I have from the first run… The longer cure sure does make a noticeable difference to me… As well, I am kind of impressed with the one Unknown Bagseed plant I have growing outdoors right now, as I have kept a mother around of it since my first thread… It has certainly proved to be durable, as it survived me tipping over a long planter of cucumbers, contents and all, over top of it and came out with only 1 busted branch and a bit of a flop… and the cukes survived too… I wish I could have filmed that Stoner moment because there’s more to it than that…lol

Anyways, with Plan B in mind now, I prepped a bunch of small pots with Promix, took a pile of cuts off both Mothers, and into the “Margarine” domes they went…

I am thinking I may be able to get enough rooted and vegging long enough to attempt a SOG after the Autos are done, but I’ll see how things go…

Still have a bit more to update, but I need to take some pictures first… And besides, I want to try and catch up on reading a bunch of threads, and take some time to read more on CS and making a homemade press… There aren’t enough hours in a day it seems, sometimes…

Thanks for stopping in and checking things out…:peace:

Peace
DaFozz

14 Likes

What is your current feed and what are you using, just noticing the plants are fading already when they still have a lot of time left, would suggest giving them a bit more, just check you pH just incase.

Also to back that up That da green looks to be on the sensitive leaning side plant wise, and just from experience what happens with those plants which i haven’t seen very much of at all in this generation but in previous is that when things aren’t right it claws and quite aggressively like what your seeing, but its due to things being off whether pH or incorrect feed levels typically being the later but once that is back in happy ranges it mostly returns to normal, personally i dont like that plant for obvious reasons just being too sensitive, but at the same time i don’t hate it cause it will be the one to tell you that something is off.

It’s the outlier that will tell you there is an issue, if you can make it happy, all the rest will be super happy.

But looking good, and yeah going in for the flop early is the right move imo, keep it up. :wink:

3 Likes

I use all organic and vegan fertilizers. Molasses, algae etc. Easy on the nose. :sweat_smile: I’m not vegan, but I like my plants to be. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for checking in @Mr.Sparkle,

Just bumped the feed up to 1 tsp MC/Gallon because I noticed the fading as well, as it was only getting 3/4 tsp/gallon… I’ll keep bumping it up if I see it needs it… The Da Green and Easy D are both pretty thirsty it seems too… They have been kind of semi-maintained the last little while, so I’m hoping I caught things in time to make a difference… I’ll check the pH though just in case, but I think you are right about upping the feed as they should be greener than they are at this point…

Again, many thanks Mr. S

Peace
DaFozz

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I already use kelp but forgot about molasses, comes handy as I’m near flipping to flower the plants. The only example I remember for animals fertilizing plants is the rests of salmons abandoned in the Canadian woods by the bears, all the rest is unnatural … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Looking Good! I don’t have the guts to lst but I suppose I don’t need too . It’s fun to watch, especially seeing how far you can push the autos. Such fun little plants. I think I have germed 15 of them in the last couple months. Figure I can germ them through the end of July. Guess I better crack more as I only have 2 more weeks.

1 Like

Yeah looking at the feed calculator and what i’ve been running that would put you in the the 1.7 EC range for a tsp/gallon which is the upper limit i’ve decided to run at just cause of uptake of my plant, but see how that goes as at your previous 3/4tsp you would be in the 1.2 EC range which to me is low and the plants defitnely show.

Highly suggest picking up a EC/PPM meter as it’s just easier to get a more consistent level, as ideally you probably will find you want to be in the 1.5-1.6ec range which is like a 7/8tsp or a heaping 3/4’s which obviously can vary.

HM Digital’s TDS-EZ is relatively cheap and works well at $20-30, i just replaced mine with the Com-80 from them which is had better water resistance wise and does temperature compensation but my tds/ez has served me a good 4-5years and was worth the price.

1 Like

Hey buddy! Sure would like to see how your FAM’s are doing!

Hey @Meesh, and anyone else who is watching, I will get current pics up tonight of everything… not intentionally being anti-social or scarce, just getting swamped lately and trying to keep things moving forward in every aspect… Lately I find there really aren’t enough hours in a day to do what I would like to get done, and a lot of my spare time has been spent outdoors taking advantage of the great weather we are having… I love working outdoors when the temps hit +30 C, as my back and knees seem to operate better… gotta make sure I have lots of veggies for canning…lol

For the most part, things are looking ok, and getting more flopping practice with the Easy D as it needed it again, and am thinking that the RX1 from @ReikoX that I have going may need it soon as well as it is starting to stretch a bit…

Finally took Mr. S’s advice and ordered and received my new tool, and I am glad I did… Quite the eye opener when you start seeing numbers behind what’s going on…and a few surprises, most notably with the fluctuations in the readings from my well water… from ~200 ppm to 400+ ppm… Hopefully, the new TDS meter helps me make better and healthier decisions for my plants…

Well, time to go mow my 1/2 acre of grass and creeping thyme… I’ll be back in a bit…

Peace
DaFozz

6 Likes

Day 47 for The Fuzzes, Easy D & Da Green, and Day 38 for the RX1…

As I said earlier, Easy D was continuing to stretch after the flop, so it got flopped again and folded on itself to try and even things out. I wasn’t as gentle this time, and the stalk split a bit but it seems to be doing ok with the stress…

Easy D

Da Green

The RX1 is starting to stretch out as well by the looks of it, and that is probably due to the height of the lights I would think. In hindsight, I probably should have had that in my other cabinet where I could have placed it on something to raise it up and maybe prevent stretching… If it continues it’ll get the flopping treatment soon…

RX1…

Both Fuzzes seem to be doing ok. Fuzz1 is being grown with Mega Crop, while Fuzz2 is GO BioThrive Grow, and using SoloTek Bloom now for flowering… I had Fuzz2 outdoors for a few days but opted to return it indoors, as I still had space, and had more control… I have enough to take care of outdoors already, so it was the best choice I think…

Fuzz1

Fuzz2

And a Group Shot (- Fuzz2)…

And a few cameos from the outdoors… Can you spot the Auto? It’s one of the Dark Spark Mix I received from @Mr.Sparkle and was put straight in the ground on Canada Day. I had actually put 2 seeds in the ground but had a mishap when trying to fit the black container on top of the cinder blocks, and proceeded to dump the contents of the middle container on top of my Unknown Bagseed Plant, a Skywalker OG clone (snapped in half, not salvageable), and in reacting in trying to prevent it from falling, I am pretty sure I stepped on where the one seed was planted and probably buried it deep from my weight… Stupid Stoner moment…lol

Well, I still have more to update, but I am going to roll a joint first, then do some more writing…

Thanks for checking it out…

Peace
DaFozz

13 Likes

Hi@all! How many cabs are you using? What size?
These af‘s seem to be a good choice for limited height?

PCE!

A bit more to update…

The 3 Mendo Lights from @deep_rob are coming along pretty good… 2 of the 3 have shown preflowers and are Fems, and the third one has yet to show anything, so I’ll at least get a chance to grow out a few clones in the future… I am looking forward to seeing these flower, and kind of hoping to get a bit of the Blueberry taste in the bud, but that’s still some time away… Good thing I have learned to be patient…

ML1…

ML2…

Another ML1…

The Stargazer is growing nicely too, so I am glad to see it coming along… It doesn’t seem to be too popular a strain, so not sure what to expect out of it, but I’ll see what happens I guess…

Most of the clones have begun rooting so I am happy to see that… I am hoping I have timed things close enough to the Autos finishing up where I can do a SOG run of Skywalker OG and my Unknown Plant, both Photos, for my next round in my Flowering Chamber, and it may actually work out…

After getting tired of playing guesswork all the time with nutrients, I finally ordered one of these, and some light hangers, for my DIY light rack…

So, after some puttering around, I finally got my DIY Light rack built for use with SILs… I have it temporarily wired to an old cord end just to see if it works… I thought I had a male plug end handy, but couldn’t find one around the house, so I’ll have to pick one up in the next day or so so I can “finish” it… I would also like to make some type of cover for the back side of sockets too, as a safety measure…No worries, not in a big race, and probably won’t switch it out until next week anyways…

It should give me better coverage than what I am currently using, and I can play around with Wattage/spectrum a bit more with this setup, so I’m hoping it works out… Only one way to find out, eh???

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to check it out… I’m going to bed…:alarm_clock: :peace:

Peace
DaFozz

13 Likes

Those look great! The Fuzz are making my mouth water! You having fun outside with those too I see!

1 Like

Thanx @Meesh, for the Fuzz to be 1 gallon pots, I’m liking how they are doing too…

They are fun to watch grow, and I wanted to see how they would do outdoors here in Ontario… As Mr. S has been pretty generous with his seeds, I will probably try and find a few more outdoor spots around the yard to put a few more in and see if they finish before it cools down here in Sept… Good thing I don’t give a shit about legal limits…lol… More worried about the neighbour’s (ex-cop) nosey wife poking around…

Peace
DaFozz

5 Likes

That’s awesome! Well done! I bookmarked it for future reference

1 Like