Wetting agents?

How often would I need to use the yucca extract?
And do I water with the extract by itself or with nutrients?
Just watered today an I felt like I needed to water at least twice just to moisten the top. Who knows if there are any dry spots in the middle.
My water isn’t wet enough.

2 Likes

im running coco and ive been using it everything feeding. I definitely see an improvement with wetter water.

3 Likes

I would think one would use a specific amount for given amount of square surface , area at some point I’d believe you’d probably not need it anymore eventually and would be a waste of product at some point IMO
Edit: this is the recommendation of yucca meal amounts from BUILD A SOIL

Use at:

1 Teaspoon per cubic foot
1/2 cup per cubic yard

2 Likes

i use penitrator by AN looks and acts like soap, silica has been used in a pinch and coconut oil.

3 Likes

I noticed that their Bud Factor X is also highly soapy. Makes water wetter for sure. Giant pain in the ass to stir a full bucket, foam comes up like crazy.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, have you ever ran the RAW line?

K.

1 Like

Not the complete line no. I have used/use several of there products.

I have used/use

yucca
silica
phoshorous
kelp
Enymes
Microbes
all in one grow and bloom

The rest I can source locally. Ex Mag sulfate, Cal-mag, Sugars, so I don’t use those from them. I have to import everything.

Would you recommend? I am currently looking for a line to use in my shop…I used to use the Organicare by Botanicare, but don’t want to support Monsanto haha.I am also looking at Kyle Kushmans Vegamatrix…

K.

WOW…Thanks for the effort put forth with this…I may try to read it when I am not too stoned.

K.

1 Like

This is what I’m using this time around. We’ll see how well it works though.

1 Like

Whoa wait what are u asking here? Lol wasn’t you trying to kick the bottle habit? I may have missed something if not my apologies.

1 Like

Oh I am on my stuff…In my trailer, and my Bed…

I do have a business partner, who won’t let me go full no-till, until I can prove it’s worth…Hence the trial bed in the shop…My trailer is all my own stuff…That is still going to be No-Till, no matter what, and the the 4x20 bed.

But, like I said earlier, I need to try it out in my trailer and Bed, before I transition the shop to full No-Till…It is triple digits in lites…So I can’t mess around. I have a $80,000 debt to think about, for the rest of the start up of the shop…Bloody A/C alone is 50+ G’s haha. Then the double ended’s…So I still need to use bottled stuff for the main bulk of the shop, to pay the bills…I am very new to No-Till, after all, and that is a pretty big debt, to fk around with…I would have no problm doing the whole shop No-Till, if you have the 80+ G’s to lend me? Haha

Sorry to break your heart Buddy. I’ll still try to make you proud haha…

On a side note…The leader of the kick the bottle movement, does not do the movement too well, when he is nowhere to behold…Haha (I kid).

P.S. The Raw line, is not liquid or bottled Nutes…It is all natural stuff, no?

K.

1 Like

Haven’t really checked out the Raw line closely I do like listening to Harley though!

Damn to bad you can’t grow outdoors? How about a trailer with a roof that can retract somehow save on those darn light bills , solar panels to offset electric? Swamp cooler are pretty efficient .

2 Likes

How about getting a plasma cutter out and cut out 30-50% of the roof and replace with plexiglass or something similar?

This reminds me of a guy on you tube vid some where that’s making a killing it on doing microgreens on shelving units in a semitrailer with natural light

1 Like

I wish I could grow in a big greenhouse, with Lite Dep involved…But this is not my property, I am working on getting my own land. Then I can rock No-Till full steam, and save on Hydro…I have grown a lot of outdoor here, but to do it the way I would is putting my balls on the line, for the chance we don’t get rain and mold out my entire crop (it has happened before). This Island I live on, and where I am on it, is nasty for rain. It never stops in the fall.

I have a hate for BC Hydro, like no other haha. So, I am in the middle of a plan on keeping them honest, and not over charging the shit out of me.

The shop could not handle, just using the negative pressure, for exhaust. I turned on the lites at 9 pm, and by 9:15, the shop temp went form 73 degrees to 94 degrees…Can’t have that, so I had to get unexpected a/c, just to run through summer.

As far as the trailer…It’s fine in there, I have air shades, and an overkill exhaust system. I built it with overkill air movement, and lighting. It is actually purring around nicely.

Ha! that sounds like a cool idea…unfortunately, the shop is brand new, and I can’t get away with cutting her up haha. Those Micro green guys make bank. I have almost thought of doing something like that in the future. The local restaurants would pay me good money, for fresh organic microgreens, and herbs.

I am really enjoying learning this No-Till…Super stoked to do right by my girls…You know…due to me having to eventually murder all of them haha.

K.

2 Likes

@Tinytuttle

Funny timing…Look what I just read : https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/here-comes-the-sun/Content?oid=13940331 Maybe we can figure out how to use our bugs to build solar power.

K.

2 Likes

I use soap nuts or soap wort plant that grows around the yard. I chop the plant to fill a pyrex dish. Fill the dish with boiled water. After water cools, remove plants and use funnel to transfer soap wort water to spray bottle or jug.

4 Likes

Not a common plant you can find at your local nursery is there some where that one can find these?

1 Like

@Tinytuttle

The soapwort grows in the hedges around my house. I think the nurseries may consider it a ditch flower :roll_eyes:

The seeds are sold online and its a perineal plant. My hedges were seeded by the soapwort growing in my neighbor’s hedges.

2 Likes

I’ve been using a soap nut glycerine tincture I made. I really like it.

2 Likes