What are people using for weatherproof outdoor labels?

I’m basically making a DIY version of these, what I think of as restaurant fish tags (lol cookie for life)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Avery labels makes indestructible labels that I use. Resists chemical dissolution, the whole bit. I think they’re for 55 gallon drums of hazardous waste.

2 Likes

Try a set of metal stamps that you struck with a hammer on a semi soft surface such as leather on a piece of pine wood and it is kind of like reverse embossing. A craft store or a leather works web site should carry them. The sun and weather will not stand up to any kinda ink or the sun will bleach it hope this helps you. Use a soft metal or plastic tag.:+1:

1 Like

Duct tape marked with a “permanent” marker on the side of my containers.
This has worked quite well for me outdoors.

1 Like

These ones?

1 Like

You’re link was too many labels but he ones I’m talking about are in there.

1 Like

Coolrunner Plant Labels, Aluminum Plant Tags with 6 Inch Wires (100) https://a.co/d/fkWymMP

1 Like

With a Sharpie/permanent marker

1 Like

Picking up some work, a few years ago, MIL wanted new mini blindes, all through their condo.
Some were so old they broke up very easy and got canned.
However, the ones that did not get hardly any sun, were fine, old and needed replaced, but not crumbly.
I deconstructed them, and with a permeant marker, they seem to do ok in veggie garden.
It was the cost of them I was attracted, LOL.

4 Likes

I use any label I can find and always write with a pencil.
Lasts a whole season, I just overwrite it a few times until it’s nice and dark.

The BEST solution is to take whatever regular tag you are using and put clear packing tape over top after you write on it with permanent marker…. That’s a PERMANENT SOLUTION.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions, I’m probably going to end up doing a whole bunch of them and see what works best.

I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before, but when I was doing some transplanting the other day it occurred to me… my grow bags are tan… I can just write directly on them with Sharpie.

1 Like

You are to funny :laughing: