Getting confused lol

Got different strains going and tape keeps falling off pots. How do you organize?

I use a magic marker directly on the pots to make a numerical matrix.
Pot’s can then be cataloged easily in a spreadsheet.
:wink:

3 Likes

i like to use these

2 Likes

I solve this issue on the spot by writing on a paper shred then taping that on a piece of duct tape, then I wrap this around the first side branch or the stem loosely. duct tape stick pretty well on itself. It never caused any issues for the plant and never fell off, I find it there at harvest.

1 Like

I also use duct tape on container and permanent marker.
Or sometimes I use color coded plastic toothpicks inserted in the soil in small containers and/or Jiffy 7 pellets.

1 Like

When I ship clones, I put a label on each clone. Its a sticky label like you find on file folders. I leave lots of slack in it so the stem wont break it off in veg. Write in marker.

1 Like

I had some soft copper wire so I made some u hooks to hang off the lower branches and fastend masking tape tags to them. Info contains strain and date of putting into flower. I am trying to put a spreadsheet together thanks to CannabianDad :slight_smile: With my plans of a perpetual grow I feel the need to be able to track each individual seperatly to ensure proper care.

Required METRC tagging system for legal cannabis production. They are making a mint, .50 per RFID tag AND upkeep fee of the system.

1 Like

I would avoid copper, copper compounds used in spinout is used to control roots… copper and living things dont mix well.

1 Like

I just put a loose hook on one end to control the branch and the other is taped to the side of the pot so nothing is in the soil

Plants require copper to liveXD

1 Like

True, but thats only part of the story.

Copper in very small amounts is required, however in large amounts its toxic to living things OR plants tend to avoid them. But the point is when roots or other living things touch copper they tend to stop growing, like the application in anti-fouling paint, spinout or copper meshes to stop root growth.

Probally isn’t a good idea to use pure copper in the garden unless you are trying to do something very specific.

1 Like

But my copper only interacts with the plant where the loose coil loops around the branch to hold it down so I cannot see much copper exchange