What are the most potent in "effect" landraces you have tried?

Im pretty sure they dosen’t… Collies where poor workers from the Brithish India n’ gone to Jamaica, San Vicente & Granadinas, n Trinidad & Tobago, I think…

I think I would say 1. Punto Rojo 2. Mangobiche 3. Santa Marta (which should be the “Gold”, and comes from the region where they shipped weed to the US on the 70s). People here think of Gold as not very potent, probably because of poor growing/drying/curing… I even heard people say it that weed does not get you high when brought to Bogotá.

Corinto is not very highly regarded here, and the black was never really popular (only came up now and then, when other sources were scarce, but give me a nice high).

2 Likes

To my understanding the Europeans brought hemp and slaves. The slaves brought the good stuff from West Africa.

2 Likes

That is my understanding, but would love to know something more about when and what did they bring.

For example, it amazes me that in the Phylos Galaxy colombian strains appear at the very margin of what I understand to be the sativa side. How come that a country with no tradition of smoking ends up with something so particular?

galaxy.phylosbioscience.com/variety/CRT-1696/david-watson/mangobiche-colombia

@MiG I think there is much of a black legend against the Spanish empire, but they definitely brought a ton of slaves, which in turn brought us a lot of things. I might not look like it, but Africa is indeed the source of much of our music, food and culture.

Very interesting, but all of that happens in Mexico and Jamaica (which were indeed much more active than Colombia back then). So that actually makes me wonder even more of what happend in Colombia, as our strains are so “special” (even if by their location on this genetic galaxy).

3 Likes

I will explain why I think its only a false legend in Spanish n with Historical arguments, , n I will try to translate little by little, if nobody say nothing against…

1 Like

Creo que olvidas parte de la historia de nuestros países… Te pongo un link a “La Perrera”:

2 Likes

Oh, shit, excuse me!!! My Gibraltar/La Linea’s Spanglish again!?
What I said is a false legend without historical base is that the African blood in American Sativas were apported by the Black African Slaves
Did I explain me better now?
These African blood was in the original Spanish & Portugueses strains, since the begginn…

1 Like

Very great reading…thanks for sharing.

Remember my link: It was only the begginin, but in 17° secle the cannabis growed in Chile was thought as the best…

1 Like

A lot less West African slaves made it to Mexico than the islands or South America. True equatorial conditions favour different pathways of acclimatization. Africans long history of pyschoactive cannabis use drastically predates Columbus in the Americas. Mingled with hemp, it would still revert largely to (psychoactive) type given that hemp was not an equatorial plant.
Just my thoughts.

4 Likes

Cos’ the first Spanish seeds that growed in Colombia had the best psicoactive sativas genes from South India n’ the East África…
N soon, vía Spanish Philippines, they crossed it with the best SouthEast Asia…

1 Like

Thanks! I´m looking forward to our sesh when you come around here. Let’s see if I can surprise you with some local delicacies for the munchies! :joy:

1 Like

and yet smoking was never widely accepted (although use is more prevalent than people might think… I used to know an old guard powerful industrial who always had a joint in his office after lunch).

I suspect I have had Mexican Landrace herb having grown up in South Texas and smoked, smuggled, sold and grown a considerable amount of Mexican weed, but I can’t confirm it.

1 Like

@BreederSteve, read “The History of Slavery” by Hugh Thomas or see the filme Amistad and:

Crees que un pobre negro africano capturado por sorpresa durmiendo va a llevar un acopio de semillas de cannabis encima?

2 Likes

Y si las llevase encima: crees aguantarían en las putrefactas condiciones de un mes en una bodega de un barco esclavista, @BreederSteve?

Y si las llevase encima, @BreederSteve: tras viajar semanas hasta el puerto/fuerte esclavista de salida, esperar meses allí el próximo barco, y luego el terrorífico viaje transatlantico y todo ello casi sin comer…: no se hubiese comido esas semillas muy pronto?

1 Like

Buen punto, pero solo hace falta un cultivador para darse cuenta de que ahorrar unas pocas semillas para crecer podría ser la diferencia entre no volver a verlo nunca más. De hecho, importa, podría haber sido un maestro de esclavos que obtuvo un saco por el viaje.

Anyway, @BreederSteve, we knows that was a black man the first who try to grow cannabis n oranges in América. But he wasent a African slave, cos he was a Spanish free black, a famouse Hernan Cortes’ Captain called The Black/Dirty Good by Mexicas (ya call they Aztecs).
(@hempmex, @chipote, El Dios Tizón) N his seeds were from Seville n’ Canary Islands…

2 Likes

It was near of Veracruz, in the Mexican Caribbean, before the first Aztec/Spanish contact.