What are the most potent in "effect" landraces you have tried?

Isent Columbia in English? Of course, in our tongue its Colombia

1 Like

Of course it is! Forgive me amigo for I am old and high. You wouldn’t know that I lived in Mexico for 2 years. Haha!
However, it was in the gringo infested Baja. Much love and respect bro!

1 Like

See! It’s not just me that misspelled Colombia! :cowboy_hat_face: much love @TropicalBiophile!

2 Likes

I think so too, but as I said for some reason that bugs people here (it´s dumb, but I´d rather let my gringo friends know the preferred spelling :slight_smile: ). Even the wikipedia page in English says ColOmbia, so there must be a reason.

2 Likes

Goes back and forth, doesn’t it?

Wikipedia: “Christopher Columbus was an Italian explorer, navigator, and colonizer. Born in the Republic of Genoa, under the auspices of the Catholic Monarchs of Spain he completed four voyages across the Atlantic Ocean. Those voyages and his efforts to establish settlements on the island of Hispaniola, initiated the permanent European colonization of the New World.”

Yes, because the name indeed comes from Christopher ColUmbus. But it always spells the name as ColOmbia, and so do official State documents I´ve seen in english (international treaties and such).

1 Like

I am in the Real Estate business in New England. Every town has a Columbus Avenue or a Colombia Way. Even the spell check in this website has no problem with these spellings. ??

You know what they say about the English language, there is an exception for every rule, and everything is borrowed.

2 Likes

i bet colombian strains are great, they’re more well known for their other exports tho i think :wink:
british columbian strains are fairly good too but i’m not sure if they could be called landrace ha ha

3 Likes

Thank you @TropicalBiophile. Trataré de ser más considerado. :cowboy_hat_face:

It´s all good my brother! I just threw in this as a comment, and succeeded in derailing the thread from potent landraces to linguistics. :flushed:

Speaking of which… I was looking forward to a Zamal seedling I had on the tent. Today, when watering, I noticed that the little bastard was packed with flowers (even while lights are 18/6, and it did not measure more than 4 inches). Lots of vigor there.

3 Likes

Did an auto sneak into your pack? Check the vendor and see if they offer an auto version of the strain. Very odd bro. I’m sticking around to see if you solve this mystery.

I just think the little rascal really wanted to get out there with the ladies, and decided to pump out some serious preflowers. I can´t blame him, looking at that beautiful Ethiopian (ACE) lady on the tent next door.

2 Likes

Wow! Fascinating!
“The Zamal grows well as it feeds on the islands extremely fertile volcanic soil.”

Did you do anything different regarding soil for this strain?

Not really. In fact, I am only trying to dial in my recipe for ammended soil, as I have not been growing indoors for long. My mix was probably too hot, and the Zamal took forever to grow, very slow vegging, until it became loaded with male flowers.

I don´t really mind slow vegging plants, or even long flowering ones (which explains the Zamal, the Ethiopian and Colombian Gold 72 (USC) on the flowering tent, and the Golden Tiger (ACE) I´ve transplanted an hour ago :smiley: ). Having separate spaces for veg/flower, on a perpetual run, allows me to veg to the desired size and let the flowers mature as they please.

2 Likes

Colombian Gold 72 was my “go to” herb in the late 70’s. I miss it and would jump at a chance to aquire it. Good times! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

It would be great if you try to grow that of Underground Seeds Collective, and let us know how it compares. I think @MiG knows about them, they seem to be a reputable french collective. I have their Coljam, Colombian Gold 72 and Senegal, so far only trying the CG (beautiful cola, with orange hairs).

@oleskool830 https://www.alchimiaweb.com/en/colombian-gold-72-product-7434.php 18 weeks of flowering LOL, that bud began cooking on December, its still a long way to go.

3 Likes

Searching them now! Thanks @TropicalBiophile my friend.

I have some Columbian gold seeds sourced from a old California hippie along with cannabiogens Columbian gold , I have grown out the hippies beans and they are def a gold colored plant with huge leaves and a very mellow earthy flavor , almost no flavor just really great structure and high

1 Like

@TropicalBiophile, @oleskool830, I have heard from same growers here, that same Zamal (as well in its origins as landarace n as well in the heirlooms selections by seeds banks) can shows same autoflorewin behaivor: it means some started to show flowers before to rise to 12 night’s ours… But its only like ya put one of the more long florewin sativas (some arrives to 24 weeks) from 12/12 from the begginin…

1 Like

G-U-A-U !!!
…sé montó el gran cumbiambeo sativo rugiendo desde Colombia… La que vas a liar, Paisa…

PD: creo @Yaxu conoce bien las Senegal & Etiopía, vía U.S.C./Tropical Seeds, creo…

4 Likes