What are you paying at the gas pump

4.19. Had to park my 94 Deville. 11 miles a gallon ain’t it chief.

1 Like

Up .60 cents this week… 4.90/gal now. Thank God I’m getting good gas mileage but this hurts… my rent increased by 27% this month too…

LL stands for low lead but it actually has quite a bit of lead. Definitely don’t put it in anything with a cat I know that from experience lol. I haven’t raced in a while and remember Sunoco standard race gas was like 255 a drum and wanna say vp c12 was around $1 per gallon higher I believe when pump gas like 1.25 to 1.5 gal if my memory serves me right, I can’t imagine what a drum cost now. I wonder if all race gas is unleaded now that nascar is running unleaded. I also sometimes ran a brand called turbo blue back in the day, seems like it was a bit cheaper and made good power with cool engine temps.

1 Like

Ahh I didn’t know that about the ll, I’ve just heard about avgas over the years. Yeah I had kooks cats but pulled them shortly after the new build went in. I need to look into it but I’m assuming I need to turn off cot, I suspect I’m dumping fuel to cool the nonexistent cats. Didn’t do much last year though, found needle bearings on an oil change (comp cam junk trunnion upgrade) and had to replace some rockers and put in bushings instead. I’ll take a look later this year at the tuning
Just a street car so no high octane here. I definitely would be crying if I was though. Buddy of mine is using vp in his banshee and the 5gal pails are steep

1 Like

I remember 08 well! I was putting 210 to $220 of diesel in my truck every other day and $20-30 gas in welding machine every day back then. The big difference between now and then is there was work everywhere for pipeliners back then and nothing now. It sorta feels like it has the potential to be a lot worse this time around. With China now trying to corner the market on grain and fertilizer prices going through the roof it might be a good plan to put some groceries in the reserve. Been hearing for a cpl months now fertilizer would be 1k a ton by spring. That’s around double what I payed last year.

Man I like those bearing type rocker arms,I don’t remember the brand but ran some that had scorpions engraved in them all long time with no problems turning around 8k rpm also ran stud girdles on long rocker arm nuts with arp screw ins so that may have helped out I guess. Ran some off the shelf comp cams and lifters but never comp rockers. Ran some custom ground scneider cams as well. I tried some stamped steel roller tip bushing type rockers before and would say don’t waste your money on those as I had push rods bust through the rocker arm.

1 Like

I think i know what youre talking about, the scorpion seems familiar. These were the stock rockers but with upgraded bearings. Comp quality isn’t what it used to be. We went with a custom grind cam motion cam instead of comp. I went with Brian tooley and stock rockers for replacements. The CHE bushing kit is slick, the bronze will wear out eventually but I’ll take bronze glitter over needle bearings any day. Luckily I found all those bastards, one made its way down into the lifter tray.
Oof on those stamped ones! At least punching through you probably didn’t bend any valves. I’m poor these days, I can’t afford major repairs lol but I do plan on taking it to the strip for the first time this year, see how bad these street tires do. Might have to get a set of slicks and hope I don’t bust an axel haha

Doesn’t alot of fertilizer come from Russia too? I think we’re in for some very tough times ahead, perfect time for them to implement the great reset.

1 Like

I believe they do produce a a lot of fertilizer and heard on the radio this morning that we/USA import a bunch of it from Russia.

1 Like

I hear ya on them repairs. You prolly already know but one might soften them tires up a bit with some compound. I used to air my tires up big through the week and put brake fluid and transmission fluid mixture on them sometimes to soften them up. Idk how that would work out on a drag car, I ran a circle track car on dirt and by rule had to run nascar pull offs for tires so they weren’t the best and softening them up was pretty helpful with the right grooving and siping.

Dang looks like somebody may or may not have got high and derailed the thread, my apologies everyone. To get back on topic crude oil hit 2.93 per gallon today.

1 Like

Don’t worry guys, high gas prices are good for our government, which is good for us, lmao, what a joke.

1 Like

Weaning ourselves off ICEs is going to be really painful, but once it really gets going the effects of global warming will suck even more.

$4.67 avg in Nevada and going up daily. At this rate, just filling up my riding lawn mower this summer will be painful.

1 Like

Nothing we can do to stop that, its going to get hotter before it starts cooling down, we are still technically at the end of an ice age.

1 Like

The part I always feel the most pissed about is how badly the government robs us for gas. They take a percentage of the gas sale so the higher the price goes the more they get from us. They like to say they care and are going to try to help but in the end they love seeing prices skyrocket. Perhaps if they did not get a percentage of the robbery they would be more motivated to help but in the end we are just screwed.

4 Likes

Too true, and the sad part, on both sides, is people honestly and truly believe the government is there to help them, but in reality they are there to make money.

6 Likes

Almost 50 cents on the liter is tax of some form here.

4 Likes

Are gasoline taxes price based in Canada? I think in most US states it’s a per gallon set amount regardless of the price of the gas (though 14 states do charge a special sales tax or the general sales tax on either gas or diesel sales, or both).

https://www.taxpayer.com/media/CTF%20-%20GTHD%202021%20Report%20-V5%20-%20May%2018,%202021.pdf

1 Like