What are you paying at the gas pump

Gas is 5 cents cheaper in Halifax diesel is the same price though :cry: its a rip off as diesel costs less to make than gas.

2 Likes

I know brother. Doesn’t look like it’s changing any time soon either :angry:.
Somebody’s pockets are getting fat. Sure not mine tho. :joy:
Hope you have a safe and lit day my friend. :pray:

:v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Hey Gman, have you ventured to you local Honda motorcycle shop lately? For us knuckleheaded scooter riders, the Honda Navi a 125 cc maybe, is now in NA. Some are claiming tp get 100+ mpg, a top speed of 50 mph, about $1900.00 before it gets all it tax shots, I’d guess $2300.00-$2600.00ish. They have cheap priced accessories, that I did not look into.
Maybe a nice errand runner since you, like myself drive a PU.
My scooter, I got in 09, has kept my Toyota Tundra 2000, to be under 100,000 miles all these years later.
I filled the BR (scooter) up last week, for $13.00 most I ever paid for gas, and still have 1/2 tank with errands being run every day. If I ride sensible, 60-65 mpg, running with traffic 50-55 mpg.

4 Likes

A little bike is a great idea weather dependent.

I remember driving away from the gas station laughing to myself because it only cost me $8 to fill it.

6 Likes

Hey Foreigner, back in 2006, I was having a pole building built.
When I saw the first Honda commercial for a Big Ruckus. I fell in love with it’s ugly look.
I was of the mindset back then, that anything under a 600 cc engine was a death trap.
That silly notion came from my couple of years working on Harley Davidson assembly/welding parts lines as I got out of trade school, in the early 70’s.
Anyway, I was broke and could afford the money Honda NA stealerships was $5600.00 then add the tax over $6000.00 hard pass for me.
The bug had me, (07 or so) so I found a china scooter, a knock off of a Vespa, for super cheap, a 150 cc gy6. Yeah, it sucked. Ran great until it did not. While trying to keep it running, I found a website for Ruckus riders, builders, and all around hooligans, and hung out there. In there was a Big Ruckus section.
I lurked and read in there like a dog with a fresh bone! A year or so anyway.
In 08, I was hunting in Cycle Trader for a used BR. Found my first in Maine, 3,300 miles on it, did a 24 hour round trip, going after it.
My first ride, was very uninspiring! I had copied all the de-tuning articals I could, bought a full service manual for the BR, got the tools out and craked that pig open and started to get the lead out! It is designed to strart up anywhere on Earth, the BR guys found ways to do that.
Then I rejetted the carb, drilled out the hole in the slide vacume while in the carb. Swapped out the roller weights, and run 3 sliders with 3 rollers, and reduced the over weight of them from 158 grams to 118 grams, I also went over every part of the CVT assembly, filing off every mold line, every nick, anything that would reduce that sweet sliding action. Rebuilt the clutch, fresh springs, sanded the pads, and installed a fresh belt. poked a hole 3/4" in the 3rd baffle 18" down the exhaust pipe. Best hack ever!
This set up, gives me more jump off the line , with nice acceleration up to around 70-75ish mph. But I do give up some miles per gallon this way over bone stock. But a much more fun and usable machine.
I beg pardon to the OP for the hijack.

2 Likes

I’ve had big bikes and small bikes and I prefer smaller ones. Better for city driving I think, which is what I do.

The Ruckus, I like the utilitarian look.

I’m very bad at maintenance. Like, I change the oil and that’s it.

I’ve got a little Yamaha 250 sitting in a garage waiting for some new life.

I’ve never owned my own car. I’ve had cars in common but never MINE. That’s ok. I like bikes better anyway.

I think lots of people are looking at alternatives with gas prices being what they are

2 Likes

I’ve got to get a new bike my 79 yamaha xs750se is almost to 35,000 miles. So I’m going to rebuild her and then park her. Nothing wrong with her, but thats why I want to keep her parked, that way nothing will go wrong with her, ill get a new bike to beat on.

1 Like

BC Canada…
$2.23/L for regular gas in the Fraser Valley
In Vancouver today it was $2.34 at one place I seen.
$9.36 a gallon for regular…
Ridiculous…

4 Likes

$4.80 ans rising! for regs.

1 Like

It was $2.24 p.l. regular yesterday
I think I read they’re was a small drop overnight

$4.15usd for reg in my area of texas…someone get my congressman on the phone, im pissed.

I guess nova scotia is doing better than most at $2.08 a liter on regular. It’s still a pain in the ass though.

I dont understand why the Saudis have not increased production like when Texas got hit with the hurricane and had to shut down production for a while a few years back.

3 Likes

Might be the 5.5 billion reasons that Exxon made in the first quarter of this year. :thinking:
:v:

3 Likes

Total Legend :rofl:

2 Likes

£1.80 a litre for E10 Manchester way. Which is like $2.20 USD for a single litre.

Up the cocaine bill down the fuel bill @Esrgood4u :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s effecting me now in a bad way. My favourite takeaway has put the delivery cost up from £1.50 to £3 ffs. That’s one less nan bread :anguished:

3 Likes

$6.65 USD Southern California :sob:

Per gallon???
Uk a gallon is 5 litres so gets confusing. A litre is a litre :+1:

1 Like

2.06 a liter 9.28 a gallon Canadian
4.5 liters in a cdn gallon US is short a quart due to there conversion

3 Likes

Cheers bro. I wish the world would just use the same unit scale. Becomes a nightmare at times trying to convert stuff. I know there is a few phone apps that help to be honest but that’s just extra uneeded steps in my eyes. :v: