What are you paying at the gas pump

$3.45 at the cheaper of the two local stations, $3.23 if I’m a little further afield.

Back up to a $1.57ca a liter today ffs.

1 Like

£1.80 a litre here @Shadey :-1:
The UK is fucked :rofl:

3 Likes

Really :crazy_face: I guess I should be grateful then, that’s nearly $3ca a liter on the exchange rate.

How can people afford to go to work in car, you would use half a weeks wages in petrol

1 Like

we went up a 1.25 a gallon in 3 weeks

2 Likes

It stupid. It’s the UK involvement in the “war” that’s causing it.
We quoted a job a few days back in Leeds. It’s a weeks work. They told us they would rather pay for digs in a hotel rather than pay the fuel prices. Leeds isn’t that far from me. About an hour in the 2 vans. If breakfast is included I’m sold. :rofl:

4 Likes

When I lived in the UK I worked for 3 years at Hewlett Packard’'s head office in Bracknell Berks, people would drive in every day from Bristol and Birmingham, because it was cheaper to pay for the fuel, than the mortgage to live close to the area.

Probably not much difference now ffs.

1 Like

I’d commute from Birmingham also. I’m a curry lover though :rofl:

1 Like

England: Come for the curry, stay for the aromatic duck.

Lob

2 Likes

still too damn much

+$1.80…
groceries are at an all time high right now. wasn’t expecting these prices today…3 bellpeppers $7.49…a little.boston lettuce $4.99.

the chicken breast are $17.60 /KG

going to have to start learning some new recipes lol

2 Likes

I sometimes get these home delivery make at home food boxes and the shrink effect you mention is very obvious in how they’ve declined.

Fucking cabbage. Double rice half meat.

3 Likes

I suppose it’s inevitable. As prices keep climbing on fuel everything keeps going up. Got a small broccoli salad to go with dinner yesterday, about enough as a side for 2 people, they wanted $8.50. Sadly this ripple effect from fuel costs will get worse before it get’s better IMO.

4 Likes

:*( … finally trying to prioritize physical health and they hit us with the $$$ -

going to have to grow our own gardens and do whatever is possible

on another note

I did my first trade yesterday on TDX…lol one is down - 6% another -4.%…

I considered investing in Loblaws and in an oil&gas stock. butttt I didn’t…The two that hurt the most. …

1 Like

I paid $2.43/L for 87 octane the last time I put gas in, about a week ago in Vancouver, BC. That’s $9.19/gal. It makes me sick. :nauseated_face::fu:

3 Likes

A buck eighty a litre here today

4 Likes

I been lucky to have gas go down to $1.89/L for regular.
A couple days ago it was $2.29/L.

2 Likes

we dropped to 4.76 a gallon today

1 Like

We’ve been stuck at $3.96/gal for weeks. It finally dropped the other day to $3.89/gal. That means it’s about to go back up IMO.

2 Likes

Up now to 3.56 per gallon.
East coast
Middle area somewhere

1 Like