What book you would recommend to our fellows?

Yes I fully agree.

I guess what I’m trying to say is “don’t read yourself stupid”, as in reading is good, but hands on is better.

No matter how much you read, how much theory you understand - truth is “just cross the damn plant”, observe and DO.

4 Likes

laugh oh yu

https://b-ok.cc/s/Principles%20of%20plant%20breeding

1 Like

True, cannabis books often are full of bro science, and in the end, I have to say the real gems are often low selling books, but to get factual knowledge and proven, go for general plant breeding or breeding of animals in general, in the end its general genetics knowledge, so you could also get a genetics book, and that should be more than enough. Also its good to know general biology, idk but shouldnt be difficult to get university biology&genetics study documents, or get the syllabus and google + a notebook.

This applies to everything, nutes, soil, products, books, etc

1 Like

2 Likes

Not a Grow book- but a definite must-read for any cannabis lover (Didn’t see it mentioned- but MAY have missed it)
The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer
EYE opening…
Should be taught in school–seriously.
The way that American Greed and Capitalisms in the Government forced a once accepted consumer good into an underground illegal substance.
The propaganda has lasted to this day… This book would surely open a LOT of eyes and minds!jack herer book

4 Likes

That’s a great book, I can’t believe it’s in the 14th printing, I have a 1st proof edition of that book, it took 10 years to find it. Jack Herer should be declared a national treasure! :+1:

3 Likes

Love, Kurt Vonnegut Jr. almost everything he wrote, but some was above my pay grade.
Love, John le Carré The Honorable School Boy, was stunning!! Smiley’s people, huge
fav!
Leon Uris, first one I read, Trinity awesome book! Haj, Redemption.
Frank Herbert Destination Void, and all the Dune series.
Lots more, but my :RECALL database: is being defragged right now.

2 Likes

The botany of desire. It is a book with four parts. The tulip, The apple tree, The potato and cannabis. It shows plants interrelationship to man and how they try to please us in order to keep their species alive and spreading. A very fantastic read That completely changed how I look at the world and the interconnectedness going on all around us. Also opened my eyes to the fact that if mother earth gets tired of us she does not need a meteor to take us out. I am not sure that she isn’t already trying due to the higher incidence of plant bourne pathogens we see thes days.I think she is pissed and that we need to straighten our act up very soon.

2 Likes

images

4 Likes

I enjoyed and became hooked on Astrid Lindgren while reading them to the children
Pure anarchism
download-1 download download-2

3 Likes

“Atomic Habits” by James Clear. It’s not cannabis-related, but it’s all about how small changes in your habits can lead to big improvements in your life. I stumbled upon this book when I was trying to break some bad habits and build better ones, and it was a game-changer.

2 Likes