What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

The cookies and brownie mix use between 6 - 8 tablespoons of butter. Most gluten free baking mixes and recipes ive come across seem to want to add moisture and softness by using a LOT of butter. Easiest way would prolly use cannabutter for it. But premixes are pretty good. King arthur does good mixes for the brownies and the betty crocker gf chocolate chip cookie mix has been my fave. I try most new ones I see to check em out.

2 Likes

Thank you @FiveGar I’ll have to try a few different ones and see what she likes best.

2 Likes

Pic of a burger from earlier today with those buns. Still full lol. 2 1/8lb 70/30 patties on a small bun with thick home made smoked bacon, carmelized onions and pickles and marble cheddar slice.

21 Likes
3 Likes

Last nights din din

11 Likes

You just can’t post a pic and not say what it is, looks like beef Stroganoff its rhe only thing I can think of that has rice with a stew.

@neogitus did you lay those buns out with a measuring tape before baking, the lines are almost perfectly straight lol. They certainly do expand a lot. Everything tastes better with butter in it :wink:

@FiveGar one mouthful of that mixture would take me out of ketosis for a year lol, looks really good though :+1:

Last nights meal, Cauliflower cheese, peas and roasted carrots and onions, first one after a 72 hour fast, I always put too much on the plate for my first meal after fasting.

Could only manage two thirds of it, probably finish everything off on Saturday night, going to make a Korma curry for tonight, the wife gets chicken and I get paneer cheese with mine.

The first time I made Macaroni and cheese for my daughter’s boyfriend, he lived on Kraft mac and cheese, and I kept telling him it was crap and he should learn to make the real thing.

He tasted mine and said thats amazing, how do you get it so cheesy, I said the secret is in the cheese sauce, you use a pound of cheese and a teaspoon of english mustard lmao.

14 Likes

I started with a store bought crust - whole grain & ultra thin - used pesto for the sauce, Canadian Bacon (in honor of the women’s soccer team winning Olympic gold today!), and fresh mozz. I added some shredded mozz to fill things out

15 Likes

One fish just for me.

14 Likes

So you will have to use your imagination. Grilled chicken breast with rice, broccoli and fried mushrooms. Smoked some White Widow and ate it too fast to get a picture :wink:

17 Likes

I’ll take some of that please. Looks great. Funny Doug!!!

2 Likes

I think there you have more than one fish there :wink:

Last night’s curry was a spicy Paneer Korma with extra hot kashmiri chilli added for me, and mild chilli version for the wife.

She had a taste of mine which was not too hot on the scale of things and liked it, so I think she is developing a bit more of a tolerance for the heat.

It wasn’t quite the normal type of Korma as my friggin blender died, so I could not blend the cashew nuts, cream and yoghurt together, power comes on, but none of the buttons work :triumph:

Its only been used maybe 20 times since I got it, but always had a slight burning smell when used. I thought it was because it was new and had not been used much and was running in. I will have to see if I can locate the receipt I bought it around this time last year.

This is supposed to be a heavy duty motor in this thing, which is why I got it, the last one had the bearings go, making smoothies with frozen mangoe chunks in.

I went to the Indian store yesterday and found some scotch bonnet and ghost peppers :fire::smiling_imp: my brother in law is going to regret wanting an extra hot Vindallo lol.

He probably hasn’t had a really hot curry in 20 years. He was a ships Captain travelled around the world, said he was often in Goa eating the real mcoy.

The wife is going out to BC next week for 3 weeks, so I can eat as much curry as I like. So I am inviting my brother in law round for one, making it about 4 days ahead to let it settle, and I can test it beforehand and adjust it if its too hot or not hot enough :rofl:.

15 Likes

I LOVE THE FREAKING PLATE! 70’s “Cottage Wear” if i’ve ever seen it! Now I’m expecting to see a mug shot to see if you also have the stereotyped cottage cups! :smiley:

6 Likes

It’s just some beef dish I put together with yellow rice…I made these last night…Hungarian Peppers stuffed with pepper jack cheese & ham…topped with onions, tomatoes and triple cheddar cheese. Pork dish with kale.

14 Likes

If anyone likes berries and sees driscolls “rosé” or “sweetest batch” strawberries, they are both hands down the best strawberries I’ve ever eaten.
I did t take a pick of the Sweetest batch variety, they’re red lol.

12 Likes

How many people do you cook for it always looks like about 4-5.

1 Like

There’s a type of grape I can get occasionally. I think they are muscat with the fancy name of “cotton candy.”

Man they are so good. As sweet as a sugar candy.

5 Likes

Ok, not to derail thread but here you go @Pigeonman , a mug shot :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Yep! Those are cottage mugs! (aka: they just appear at the cottage, often because someone brought one and forgot it, or local thrift shops, or the leftovers from sets long forgotten brought from home)

More importantly is the quintessential wood-grain laminate table-top you got them sporting on… and with speed lines to boot and a bonus!

3 Likes

Corelle ware Spring Blossom Green.

Introduced 1972, retired 1986 … The Interwebs are working today :rofl: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thanks! 1200% would buy at a flea market and use daily:

6 Likes