What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 1)

Highly recommend decarbing it first!!

1 Like

My wife is Filipino she cut my sausage off :grin:

3 Likes

Does she eat Balut? Iā€™m thinking of getting some so my friends can try themā€¦

I try and eat healthy when I get the munchies, shishito peppers & vegetable lumpiaā€¦I havenā€™t had a soda in 20yrs. to me itā€™s just flavored water with tons of sugarā€¦I also quit cigarettes in 2000ā€¦

7 Likes

was a little freaky seeing the 1998 change to 2000 literally as I got to that point reading itā€¦

(cue twilight zone music)

Gotta dig back for that sugar pie recipe, feeling like I wanna make that today :slight_smile: I think I have everything I need here finallyā€¦

Also wanna make those coconut ballsā€¦ But I need a few things

damn I got the munchies now

1998 was the year I quit Cocaineā€¦but 2000 was the year I quit cigarettesā€¦I tried quitting 3-4 times before thatā€¦it was cold turkey tooā€¦believe it or not smoking pot helped me quit smoking cigarettes.

6 Likes

Itā€™s not bad, right? Most get turned off when they hear what it is. If that doesnā€™t do it, the sight often will. Good stuff thoughšŸ‘šŸ»

4 Likes

Thereā€™s gotta be something to it. I gave a buddy who had been smoking his whole life a really strong cookie (and who had attempted to quit without success multiple times) and he got so high and never smoked again and itā€™s been years now.

Big batch of bbq sauce, mac and cheese, weed butter, decarbing 6 oz, buns, pulled pork sandwiches, 24 hour 131f sous vide chuck steak,4lb of yugoslavian red garlic

22 Likes

I think for me it was oral satisfaction some people would chew gumā€¦when I had that urge to smoke a cigarette while I was drinking/boozing I would go outside and do a 1 hitterā€¦this was back in the day when everyone was allowed to smoke in barsā€¦

Did you pan sear that chuck steak?

3 Likes

Deep dish sausage pizza.

21 Likes

Yeah I pan seared it before putting it in the bag then again for a bit when it came out to crisp up again/to avoid too much of a grey band by only searing at the end. I pan sear pretty much all my steak with beef or bacon fat in a stainless pan.

I only recently started doing the whole 131 for 24 hours with tougher cuts and Iā€™m pretty impressed with how it works so far. These steaks would have been tough like a shoe otherwise. Now that I ate all the chuck from my half cow time to move onto another tough cut to experiment with. Med rare but tender beef shanks would kinda blow my mind.

Edit: When Iā€™m not occupied doing other things I also flip often, every 30 seconds or so. Contrary to what most people are taught/told flipping it more often gives a better crust and cooks it slightly faster with less gray band on the outside. I found this info out in the book series modernist cuisine (second book)

5 Likes

emoji-drool

2 Likes

She donā€™t eat that.sheā€™s off eggs and chicken at the minute lol

2 Likes

Deer roast :yum:

13 Likes

Itā€™s been decades since I deboned a hanging round but shanks were always a bit strong imo. trimmed and tie wrapped they arenā€™t bad but I prefer to just turn them into burger with an equal amount of fatty round.

2 Likes

I like it when you tell them that youā€™re allergic to something and they put it in there anyway. Like :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Iā€™ve only ever had them braised in beef stock myself but the 24 hour cook time should allow a lot of the connective tissue to break down and become tender. Iā€™m not sure how Iā€™d like the flavour by itself though. Iā€™m guessing with braising that some of the flavour of the meat is diluted into the stock.

Iā€™m oddly hungry for beef now wonder why :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We used to lay them out and cut all the white tissue out and roll them up and cook them just like the rest of the round for bbq. I didnā€™t favor it but not my place.

1 Like

I love doughnuts sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.

19 Likes

24 Likes

I want to buy some of your vinegar.

3 Likes