What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 1)

Amen. I totally feel your pain with this. Good luck getting quality Mexican around here. It still surprises me that weā€™re so void of authenticity.

2 Likes

Roasted red pepper sauce 22lb of peppers worth.

19 Likes

@neogitus Looks fantastic!!

6 Likes

Looks amazing!

I need one of those juicers for my kitchen; where did you get yours? Also what make & model is it?

3 Likes

@neogitus 22 pounds? do you have a large garden or did you find them for a steal?

2 Likes

Thanks @Derpterps and @Pigeonman

I got my fruit press on amazon like 5 years ago. Itā€™s a Cuisinart MP-150C. https://www.amazon.ca/Cuisinart-MP-150C-Electric-Vegetable-Silver/dp/B00K0A37PK

@anonymous4289 Got em for a steal :stuck_out_tongue: $10 Canadian for ea 11lb box.

Edit: and like 8 bucks for 25lb of tomatoes.

@Oldtimerunderground The pepper farm is in your neck of the woods :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

tacobell

8 Likes

I bet the Tomato one is too :joy: I can get as many boxes as I want for free anytime. Thereā€™s always a surplus in my neck of the woods.

@neogitus do you can any of it? Or just freeze it all? You must have room in the deep freeze now with all the beef youā€™ve been chowing down on.

3 Likes

You are damn lucky then :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m happy if I can even get there before theyā€™re all sold out for the day. Iā€™m gonna try to get more before the sale ends on Wednesday but I might not have any luck. I could go for another 100 or even 200lb if they let me buy the shit. They gave me sideways eyes for buying 40lb of butter and only let me buy 24 at a time. Luckily I had a friend with me who bought the rest. Little did they know that if they were cheaper I would have wanted 100+ :laughing:

I just vac seal it all. I donā€™t really trust boil canning and donā€™t own a pressure canner yet. I have a decent amount of room now Iā€™ve been going through tons of beef and I still have way more than I thought I would at this point in the year. I have 2 large chest freezers and 2 fridges with small freezers + a mini fridge in the kitchen and I live by myself :joy:

I made some last year too and Iā€™m just finishing it now and itā€™s surprisingly still good.

Next year I would love to find a massive stainless steel pot (80-120qt) so I can make a massive batch at once and use one of those outdoor burners instead of it taking multiple days and tons of different pots to evaporate. They have a 120qt at the costco business centre near me but itā€™s aluminum and donā€™t want to risk affecting the taste.

4 Likes

of course thatā€™s a thingā€¦

7 Likes

I hope you have a generator as well if your power goes out for more than a few days, thatā€™s a lot of food to loose.

I think I may try making tomato paste no where around here has any. I have tried all the grocery shops and Costcoā€™s in 2 areas now all out of stock :frowning:

2 Likes

Supper time at a friends houseā€¦

12 Likes

Thatā€™s NOT the kind of ā€œTACO TRAINā€ I was thinking aboutā€¦

:laughing: :wink: :taco: :woman_cartwheeling:

3 Likes

Haha, donā€™t scare me :weary: I really should though. My power goes out a bunch during the summer. Thankfully itā€™s been only a few hours at a time but still makes me have a mini freakout. Least in the winter if it happens it can just go in the garage :stuck_out_tongue: I really want to replace the freezers I have taking up room in the living room with some that wouldnā€™t break being put in the garage for all seasons.

I was gonna make some paste but I was impatient and tired. Iā€™ve seen a video where the guy puts some relatively thick fresh tomato sauce on a large sheet pan in the oven on a low temp for a long time while mixing occasionally. Looked delicious. I need to get myself a witches cauldron for making next yearsā€™ sauce to make it quicker/easier for me :woman_mage:

@Pigeonman Iā€™d def run a train on some tacos :stuck_out_tongue: Wish there was a good place close by.

3 Likes

It would be a good sunday morning if i had not failed in the pancakes :weary::weary::weary:

14 Likes

It all comes back out the same way. Looks like itā€™ll still taste great!

3 Likes

I donā€™t wanna grab, but it was delicious!! I add oats and yogurt in the mass :rofl:

3 Likes

Looks good to me. Pancakes i start and walk away from all the time.

1 Like

Tonight I had Cauliflower and cheese, veggie burger, roasted carrots and onions. Allowed myself 2 table spoons of flour in the cheese sauce. Tomorrow I am starting a 6 day fast with water and apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice, vits and minerals.

13 Likes

14 Likes