What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Would you have some tips on making the sauerkraut?

Looking to whip up some kielbasa and sauerkraut without going for the canned stuff :slight_smile:

4 Likes

14 pound Brisket. 12 hour smoke over Oak and Pecan wood.

12 Likes

All vegan

8 Likes

Carnivorous delights like all meat calzone.

10 Likes

its very easy to do …its just shredded cabbage and salt mashed together until the salt starts to pull liquid out of the cabbage …packed very tightly in a glass or crock type container … pack so tight the liquid covers the top …if you buy a fermentation device ithas weights that keep the cabbage down …the stuff i make in the glass jugs i cover with cling wrap to try and keep air from touching the cabbage …you can set a cover on it to keep bugs out but DO NOT put it on tightly as the kraut needs to burp the amount of cabbage and salt you can find on the web …:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Does it ferment naturally on its own? Is it accomplished by just letting it sit at a certain temperature? Never made kraut and it wasn’t a favorite when younger. I used to brew beer a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

Damn, I love a really good calzone… I had a few special places back home to get them. Oh, man… haven’t gotten them that good since.

That one looks legit!

4 Likes

Thank you @riverlady.

2 Likes

hmm,not sure how gramma did it,but i think it does it alone. just mix with salt and spices,put it in the pot and just let it sit in a dark,cold place. i remember,we always put a heavy stone on top of the lit to give it constant pressure (??)

5 Likes

your welcome pm me if you have questions when you start …,

good morning …it ferments on its own like making wine … room temp and the longer you let it ferment the more sour it gets i let mine go 2-3 weeks …do not like it really sour …you can add things to it …caraway seed or bits of apple …after it is done to your liking you can either can it in a hot bath or freeze it in freezer bags do not use sandwich bags …they leak …i never liked sour K until i tasted homemade …and have had many people taste mine and say how much better it is …a quart of homemade kraut 2 quarts of water and 3-4 lbs country style ribs …simmer until the ribs start to tender add red taters simmer until taters are done …you may need to add water as it cooks …to me this is comfort food :smiley:

5 Likes

the stone is to keep the cabbage submerged …my mom used a gallon jug of water :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Pretty cool. Nature is wonderful. I suppose it has enough natural yeast on the cabbage to make it ferment. That sounds like a pretty nice dinner with the ribs and potatoes, too.

5 Likes

Iv heard using a large bag filled with water laid in top to help weight the top and keep the cabbage submerge tried it once by can’t claim I was successful.

3 Likes

anything that helps keep the cabbage out of the air …but the top still gets a bit nasty …not to worry just scoop that part off and throw it away :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ps you should add water if there is not enough liquid …if you can grow you can ferment …its way easier :smiley:

4 Likes

I’d like to learn more about fermented food. I guess it’s a whole thing all by itself. It’s supposed to have lots of great qualities for nutrition, huh? I know it’s great for making fertilizers, too.

3 Likes

Mmmmm chicken n waffles! You know broke ass style.

5 Likes

Perhaps something from the grill?

12 Likes

I am going to gain 50 pounds by the time this quarantine has passed.

Homemade Kolaches with homemade ghost pepper ginger jelly. Both made by my lady. I was just the test subject :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Man that’s beautiful. Is she a chef? Looks like some body knows what she’s doing.

6 Likes

Wow that looks delicious man… My mom used to make poppy seed and almond Kolaches when I was a kid. Great pastries😁

Ghost pepper ginger jelly sounds phenomenal
:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

5 Likes