What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

We have a local potato chip brand called Grippos. They are hands down the best BBQ chips ever made, a good batch will have your mouth on fire, but in the most satisfying way imaginable. They sell them in a 5lb box, also. Once I start eating them I can’t stop until they’re all gone. :joy:

6 Likes

Thanks guys.

She’s a home cook and master amateur baker. She’s rising a sourdough right now.

The spice of the ginger and the hot peppers meld together very well.

They are damned good.

I’m trying hard not to eat them all. :slight_smile:

Edit - as I’m writing this she is making homemade butter. She has a problem.

8 Likes

My better half got into sourdough last fall, it is now a permanent fixture here. Half of the effort is going into sourdough waffles, the balance into various sourdough breads.
And the first loaf doesn’t last more that 10 min. either! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

i was opening one of the sausage jars, i got stored(for shutdown)…

…it´s quite ok on Toast,but homemade BloodSausage should be eaten on SourdoughBread,i sadly ran out of. have to go to the bakery tomorrow!!

6 Likes

OK, now you have to tell us how to make blood sausage in a jar!! DAMN!!

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Looks like we are all finding different uses for mason jars :smiley:

6 Likes

you´re kidding,no? is there no sausage in jars,where you´re living?? we got it in the grocery store as well…of differend kinds of sausage.
i´m not a butcher,but if you make sausage,first you make a sausage-“dough”…then you fill it in cans,casing or jars. when farmers slaughter a pig at home,they often use jars to put their Blutwurst,Leberwurst,… in to store or sell it.

2 Likes

NO! not in jars!
That is so practically brilliant, as one of my old math profs. was fond of saying “an elegant solution”.
Mind you, once it is opened ‘it is open’ (clock is running on shelf life). This is ‘giving me ideas’

Cheers
G

4 Likes

this is Bratwurst/Hackepeter (smal1) and Leberwurst(big1)…

the Blueberry-jam jar is the proof,it is homemade :wink: …

ja,when it´s open,you got to eat it within 3 days!

4 Likes

Here is the sourdough I mentioned all ready for the oven :slight_smile:

6 Likes

…do you got bakeries in your hood bakeing sourdough-bread too? or do they all just make whitebread?
we got yummy dark breads over here,we usualy don´t make our own bread.

3 Likes

There is very little good bread available around here.

Mostly just generic wonder bread type stuff. Even the “nice” bread at grocery stores isn’t very good. Plus it’s usually not extra fresh.

There are artisanal bakeries but a single loaf is something like $12.

Her bread is cheaper than store bought white bread and better than the fancy artisanal bread. It’s a win win.

7 Likes

wow… the “artisanal” bakeries we got as well…it´s the same old family-bakeries, i remember from my childhood…but more and more are closeing these days. oh,i got to pay ~3€ for a 1kg sourdough bread.

4 Likes

It’s quite a shame really.

I expect that for you a sandwich is likely a loaf of delicious bread, a fancy mustard, and a fancy sausage.

Where I’m from it’s acceptable to be two pieces of white bread, a piece of baloney, and a squirt of yellow mustard.

I’m very fortunate my lady knows how to bake. Now I must force her to make sausages too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

lol…i won´t call it “fancy”…it´s just Wurst,we use to eat. …ok,i got to google Baloney…sadly i can´t send you some samples of our fancy stuff :wink:

3 Likes

I think baloney might technically be a wurst but it’s the worst of the wurst.

I’d love to try it. It looks delicious.

Edit - the most delicious cured meat I ever ate was a dried ox tongue sausage. It was an appetizer at a very fancy restaurant. Never seen it in a butcher shop or a grocery store.

3 Likes

And here is the sourdough straight from the oven :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Get the butter or olive oil! Been a while since I had a good sourdough. That looks perfect!

4 Likes

omg you just reminded me when I was little we lived across the street from a Nissen bakery. Oh the smells that would waft over were heaven!

5 Likes

Today’s offering-
Sourdough onion fritters.
It’s a big fat deep fried onion ring.

Greasy! :slight_smile:

6 Likes