What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 1)

Ran out of olives and cocktail onions.

Pickles were all I had!

2 Likes

I love the colours in that pasta looks really yummy :+1:

I need to find a keto type of pasta, I think they make a pasta from quinoa which has low carbs I really miss pasta.

I used to make a wicked baked fettuccine with carbonara sauce. Cream cheese thickens it up and gives the parmesian something to cling to other than my fork, and a little sprinkle of chilli flakes to spice it up, and give a little contrast the garlic.

2 Likes

Fettuccine al forno alla carbonara, I will prepare this recipe for you! Very good :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Sounds good canā€™t wait to see it :+1:

2 Likes

Just off the top of my head Iā€™d start with a rye base (if itā€™s a Canadian product) and add the maple after the fact.

I never had great success with whisky. Couldnā€™t make the cuts effectively with a small still.

3 Likes

hmmm,yummy Brusselsā€¦iĀ“m loving em too :yum:
we tryed our own this year

Brussels Sprouts trimming

12 Likes

15 Likes

Wow thatā€™s a spread, everything looks nice.

2 Likes

Not traditional pasta ingredients but good and tasty never the less, with pesto genovese

10 Likes

Whereā€™s the plates and the line up start ?

3 Likes

No kidding! Send me your leftovers!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I was thinking of rye to keep more simple.

Just not sure whether to add the maple to the mash or straight into the alcohol after distilling, I like it when itā€™s syrupy in cosistency but donā€™t want it loaded with sugars.

The bought moonshine I was drinkin last night, is 45 proof so not so syrupy stuff. The higher the proof the more like itā€™s like water in its consistency with some flavouring added I find. Loud and fast but has no body or depth to it.

If youā€™re using a small still run your temps closer to boiling water and you will get a lower alcohol percentage. I find trying to proof down after distilling can make it taste not nice.

2 Likes

Looks nice, starting to get hungry keep coming on this thread lol, now the clocks have gone back my food timing is all messed up lol.

I thought finishing my fast on a Sunday would have re set pavlovs dinner bell, but no, its back at the before time change, hungry hour lol.

4 Likes

I once made a Christmas stout with molasses that turned out well because a good portion of the molasses is unfermentable so it came through nicely. Less is more though.

I imagine maple syrup is more fermentable and would be less likely to carry over.

Iā€™d bet money that the commercial stuff is mostly sugar and a hint of syrup added after the fact. Syrup is expensive and I think putting it in the mash would be pricey for a little flavour. Adding it later would likely add some nice colour too.

Just thinking out loud.

4 Likes

Appreciate your loud thinking lol, I have only tried making liquor to drink once and it was a crappy taste with the added flavouring.

Just tasted like cleaning chemicals, not that I often drink cleaning chemicals intentionally :joy:

Yeah good maple syrup is more expensive than booze lol, so I donā€™t want to waste a fortune experimenting.

I just had a quick look on YouTube last night, found a redneck backwoods maple wine made in a plastic bottle for 10 days, so was contemplating a maple mash.

I think your right though adding after distilling would probably give a stronger flavour and more syrupy consistency.

I have a gallon of 85% 170 proof downstairs, might be higher now I ran it through the still again making weed oil :slight_smile:

I might mix it up with some nice spring water and run it through the still again at a higher temp to blend it in and filter through some charcoal this time. Try and keep it around 20% 40 proof and experiment adding some maple syrup.

2 Likes

Iā€™m inclined to agree with your thinking. The only thing I might add is to do your mixing in very small batches and then scale it up once you find the proportions you like.

The only distilled beverage I ever made that was any good was rum. I also made a freezer concentrated cider that was good too but that only half counts.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Dinner(lunch) with recreational grower friendsā€¦

13 Likes

Deer roast for lunch.

10 Likes

This sounds delicious though Iā€™m confident I would spend the rest of my evening baked, listening to my stomach gurgling at the volume of rush hour traffic.

Man I love whipped creamā€¦

2 Likes

One of the nurses I make bread for gave me shit load of olives,I donā€™t like them myself made a brine up so they will be sitting in it till December,think I have to get them one more brine after that.lot of work

10 Likes