What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 1)

that looks tasty

@PhilCuisine question, did you happen to go to the NECANN chicago cannabis convention? i remember you saying you lived in chicago or near it before? just curious if you went.

No, I didnā€™tā€¦ I rarely go to Chicago anymore ever since CV-19ā€¦I used to go a least 5Ɨ a year at least before CV-19ā€¦One thing I donā€™t miss big time is the Chicago traffic, here in my new hometown if you have 3 cars in front of you itā€™s rush hourā€¦

Last time I was in the city was when I dropped off my soon to be ex girlfriend and it took me 5 1/2 hrs. on a Sunday morning round tripā€¦Chicago is only 100 miles away.

I do plan on going to the city this summer and hop on the Amtrack because its only 1 1/2 hr. by train and bring my bike and cruise the lakefront and hit some restaurants & go to the original Billy Goatā€¦For people who donā€™t know about the Billy Goat itā€™s a restaurant/diner that Saturday Day Night Live had a skit about, Cheese Burger Cheese Burger Cheese Burger, no Coke Pepsiā€¦I took a picture with the owner but I canā€™t find it.

Hereā€™s a picture I took while I was at a Tiki Hut cafe/restaurant along the Chicago River close to Lake Michiganā€¦

4 Likes

Your curry looks like the Butter chicken one I did for the wife last night.

I felt like a change and had veggie sausages burger, fried eggs and onions.

Back on the curry tonight :relaxed:

5 Likes

Lebkuchen-Burger :yum:

4 Likes

Really close to it, only thing I donā€™t add is butter, I like it spicy though.

2 Likes

Cheap chicken Kiev
Boil n bag rice, frozen broccoli and frozen chicken from the box.

7 Likes

I had a craving, lol.

10 Likes

We get lebkuchen every Christmas but Iā€™ve never heard of using them a part of a burger. Very interesting. The ones we get are small.

3 Likes

the ones i used are ~3inches diaā€¦

ā€¦but we get them in many shapes,sizes & tastes.also delicious with Nutella between :wink:

4 Likes

As it was the wifeā€™s it only got a teaspoon of kashmiri chilli in it. So it wasnā€™t that hot.

2 Likes

For me Iā€™ve upped it to a Teaspoon of ground ghost pepper. And 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepperā€¦some people just donā€™t handle hot. Only my father will try it, wife doesnā€™t have any heat tolerance, or for better words a lack of taste for it. I find it tolerable. And I also find it makes for some mean flavor.

2 Likes

My first Vindaloo curry was pretty hot, that had 10 red chillies, 1 large ghost pepper, 2 scotch bonnets, and I think it was 5 green thai chillies.

I couldnā€™t feel my lips for about 40 minutes after I finished it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

5 Likes

That is what I was dreading in the morning lmao, luckily it was not that bad.

3 Likes

Sockeye salmon, with sauteed kale/spinach and roasted red beets.

8 Likes

Last nightā€™s meal, after my freestyle curry the other day I did another no measuring or recipe, it came out good again. Vegetable and cashew Yum.

6 Likes

Doner kabab slice thin with a sharp knife some pita bread and tomatoes

Have to say this was spot on my wife said it was really good since I have no fuxing taste still lol
Hereā€™s the recipe itā€™s really easy but you do need a food blender you need to blend the meat onions and stuff into a paste kinda thing

Used 2lb of ground beef for this didnā€™t use any lamb the bacon keeps it moist

Had an extra pound of meat left lol

Burgers and strawberry jam puff pastry ,no wonder Iā€™m fat

10 Likes

Tonight my daughterā€™s boyfriend wanted cheese fondue. He came back for a week to see his friends and family, also deliver some presents.

Emmental and Gruyere cheese 1 pound of each, I did buy 4 pounds as we thought his sister and boyfriend might want to come as well, but they had other plans so thankfully cut the amount in half as we only ate 3/4 of it.

I am stuffed to the gunnels. Had bread first time in 4 months as well as Yorkshire pudding.

Melting the cheese in my Grandmotherā€™s handed down 72 year old fondue pot.

Wipe the inside of the pot with a garlic clove and then chop it up and leave in the pot. Add half a bottle of dry white wine and warm up. Add cheese and stir in a figure if eight until wine and cheese is blended.

A teaspoon of baking powder to make it frothy, and a sprinkle with some nutmeg.

Yorkshire pudding dipped in fondue :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Iā€™m out of like but nice!

2 Likes

We made these todayā€¦they were greatā€¦

11 Likes