What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Sounds great Iv seen beer batter fried cannabis leaves ! I just might fire up the skillet tomorrow thanks for sharing! @DiggySoze!

5 Likes

Took a trip to Stockton u-pick. :chair: :cherries:

Minimal trichomes. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Roast pork butt and potatoes

6 Likes

Nice! I just got some of these type of cherries at a stand by my house! My girl and daughter had never tasted these kind before and were reluctant at first…

5 Likes

Update; 47 Brownie Sandwiches chillin in the freezer, waiting on a chocolate gown. This is half of the batch, so each one is about 20mg.

I ate a couple few of em and, uh…

13 Likes

I couldn’t help but laugh real hard… ah, hell, I’m still laughing looking at that pic, lol/

Those don’t look like legs that will move her anytime soon. lol

6 Likes

today we ate the catfish,we cougth 2weeks ago…

fried in a pan…

…with butter,rosemary,garlic and sage…

…served with potato-salat(local style) and quail´s egg…

a jar o single malt and a beer or two …excellent!!!

11 Likes

Oooooooh… everything about that post is just perfect. What’s the chance you would part with a Potato Salad recipe?

3 Likes

Ha no shit! I knew someone else out there must be like me. My wife just about lost her shit the first time she saw me make this. She still married me though. :joy:

I just like onions… I add cheese too, just because I do have some self respect.

6 Likes

Hol’ up, @Gpaw @lefthandseeds
Are we talking raw onions?

1 Like

Oh yeah. I like a cooked onion too, but raw is the only way to make a cheese and onion sandwich.

6 Likes

Try Vidalia onions cut in 1/4" slices. There is a Texas onion (I think it is like 3 numbers for the name) that’s supposed to be better than Vidalias.

Now selection of the cheese(s) is a whole other topic… :crazy_face: :joy: :sandwich:

I’ve got the perfect IPA too. “Detour” by Muskoka Brewery :beers:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

well, we got lotsa different typs of potato salad over here,so the recipes vary with the regions,even the local one varies from house to house(some use tomatoes,some not…some use cucumber,some use pickles,with ham or vegan,some mix lil apple cubes into it,…)
this is the ingredience from the salad above:
cooked potatoes (cool em down bevor slice em)
mayonnaise
lil bit oil
a teespoon o mustard(if you want)
onion
tomatoes
lil ham cubes(if you like)
cucumber(raw or pickled…as you like it)
chives
salt & pepper
some parsley on top

…the boiled eggs and the radish is more deco,but boiled eggs goes great with Kartoffel Salat :drooling_face:

4 Likes

10 Likes

:eyes: :eye: :tongue: :lips:!!!

1 Like

Aight, so the last photo set and video showed chocolate that’s been properly tempered. You can literally watch the crystal structure grow over a minute or two, as the chocolate sets.

These pictures show chocolate that is not properly tempered. The wet chocolate has been resting for easily 15 minutes, and in the second picture, after a couple hours, you can see the uneven crystallization showing up as polka dots.

There are 5 different types of crystals that chocolate will form. Only one of them will result in tempered chocolate, and it is the one that stays stable at the highest temperature.

Professionals will bring the chocolate up to >110F to melt all of the crystals completely, before bringing a third of the chocolate to about 91F on a steel or marble surface, while mixing, so the important crystals can grow but not the weaker four. Then the tempered chocolate is added back to the total batch, and kept at working temperature until needed.

I. Am not a professional.

I bring my chocolate up to who knows what temperature, stopping when 90% of it has melted, allowing the heat from the pan to finish the job. Five minutes before needed I add 10-20% shaved or grated, chocolate or cocoa butter, that is already in temper. This seeds the melted chocolate with the proper crystals, and let’s me make tempered chocolates while being almost completely incapable of tempering it myself.

Another cheat method is to sous vide cocoa butter at 92F for 24 hours, and then mix real quick before cooling down. Shave it and use at >10% to properly seed and temper.

4 Likes

Lots of great options here - sweet…succulent…savory…spicy…simple and not so simple. But sometimes, this works perfectly!

I had to start storing my nutella in the fridge to help manage my consumption!

5 Likes

Well, at least there isn’t a jar of crunchy peanut butter in the photo with the Nutella…

bungee corded together …Yet…
:joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rofl:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Oh, I do sometimes get the nutella on a spoon then dip it into the peanut butter, and sometimes take both jars and a spoon to the recliner (always a bad idea) - but I was keeping it as simple as possible for my post.

3 Likes

Steak tips topped with candied mushrooms and bacon pieces sides are loaded mashed potatoes, and bacon wrapped asparagus

10 Likes