What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

where i use to live its perogie season almost(fat tues.), just one of the things i miss

3 Likes

Mutton we have a farmer down the road here with Sheep :slight_smile:

it is so much better than Lamb and I like Lamb

4 Likes

No sir, not hot dogs. Andouille sausages.

That is a crawfish boil, but in Colorado they don’t sell live crawfish, so I have to use shrimp. It’s a super spicy broth that you use to boil and season food. Crabs, crawfish, shrimp, corn, red potatoes, sausage. It all goes in there and comes out pretty spicy.

6 Likes

sounds realy delishiss! had to look it up…even as a european,i never heard of Andouille Sausage :thinking:

5 Likes

The whole pork roast was on sale for $4cdn

The roasted apples were a very nice touch.

All the best

13 Likes

nice :slight_smile: roasted apples and pork

4 Likes

Yeah, pork with apples of any kind is great.

I was thinking about doing a pot of homemade beef stew any day. Last year I made a couple of real tasty batches. I can eat a lot of it in winter.

4 Likes

Late night Cajun boiled peanuts. :fire:

8 Likes

Got my beef order on Thursday. Was like a kid on Christmas opening it up. Set for awhile now since it’s just for me :drooling_face:

Got a side of beef (half cow) grass fed, pea finished and hung for 35 days plus 4 extra briskets and 20lb of hanger steak which I was happy about since it’s a pain to find. I didn’t take as many pics as I wanted to because I was so busy cutting up things, I asked to leave all the brisket,sirloin cap, top sirloin, ribeye, strip loin, tenderloin etc whole so I could cut it myself. Didn’t do the prettiest job but oh well :stuck_out_tongue: Man did it ever smell good when I was working with it. I also asked them to keep all the bones, fat and offal to really get my moneys worth. Have about 40-50lb of bone and 50-60 of fat. Can either render it all down for cooking (likely what I’ll do) or use it for soap making. The dog gets the offal and the bones go to beef stock.

15 Likes

Speaking of steaks…that’s what I had last night with leftover cabbage & ham…

Done to perfection

18 Likes

Some pork-cheeck ragu pastasauce with parmesan… waiting for the pasta to cook.

And the finished product

12 Likes

Freshly shaven parmigiana is so much better than the canned stuff…

3 Likes

Very true… then again. That’s true of most things u use in the kitchen

1 Like

Toffee Bars

EASY NO BAKE RECIPE-

Ingredients

• For the Cookie Dough:
  • 1/2-3/4 cup softened CANNA BUTTER
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk (I infuse weed into this as well)
  • 2 cups of mini chocolate chip morsels OR 2 cups of HEATH BAR TOFFEE PIECES (my favorite)

For the frosting:

• 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels ( I like to add a TBSP of canna butter to this mixture) -optional

Instructions

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat softened Canna butter with brown sugar until fully combined. Add vanilla and peanut butter, beat until fluffy. Add flour and sweetened condensed milk. Beat until everything is blended well. Fold in the mini chocolate chip morsels.
  2. Press into an 8inx8in baking dish.
  3. In a microwave safe, medium sized bowl, add peanut butter and chocolate chips for the frosting and a TBSP of Canna butter(optional). Melt for one minute. Stir and spread over the cookie dough.
  4. Refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight). Cut into bite sized pieces. Store in a covered container for up to a week. NO EGGS MEANS IT’S COMPLETELY SAFE TO STORE.

Notes-
You can also substitute peanut butter morsels, HEATH BAR pieces, white chocolate, recess pieces…etc…in the cookie dough portion. ENJOY

13 Likes

Figs from my garden…I freeze them they’re like nature’s candy and I also make homemade fig newtons, way better than store bought.

13 Likes

Ya saw that shit bagged up in a 2-3lb bag going for like 3$/lb at the grocery the other day freaking waste product what’s next 2$ for toenails?

4 Likes

Damn that looks like some great meat!

2 Likes

Thanks I’m really happy I’m stocked up. I actually ordered from the farm that my favourite local butcher gets his stuff from which is 8-9 hours away one direction. Even with the shipping (75c a lb) and vac packing (30c a lb) it ended up being cheaper than what I could have gotten locally with only butcher paper,no custom cutting and no dry aging. They actually waived the hook fee for me since they were closed down on the holidays and they were hanging anyways which I appreciated. So every piece of meat I have besides the extra brisket and hanger is actually dry aged. Smells amazing. I actually got to choose the fat percentage of my ground beef as well and I went with 70/30 because I love burgers. I got around 66lb which is much less than the avg since I wanted most of my pieces left intact to get my moneys worth. Most people with less experience might get 100-150lb of ground beef instead of wanting to deal with pieces like beef navel. Def will be dealing with this farm again. Especially since they have plans on offering heritage pigs in the next few years as well. One stop shop :cowboy_hat_face:

It’s crazy how expensive unrendered fat has become lately. I remember when it was somewhat widely avail around here for about $1 cad per lb which is pretty reasonable. Now it’s $3-$4 cad per lb and not as easy to find. I blame the growing popularity of soap making for the higher demand. I personally render down all my beef fat and use it for cooking, like searing steaks etc. Has a high smoke point and makes everything taste beefy and great. Bones aren’t that cheap either anymore damn bone broth health craze :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Interesting take! My mother back in the day would mix it with peanut butter and birdseed and pack pine cones full of the mixture in the winter time for the birds man did they love that shit especially the woodpeckers! Lol

2 Likes

Yeah birds love suet and it helps during the cold weather. Sorry local birdies this shit is all mine :smile:

2 Likes