What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Well here ya go @Badger who is close to making his first batch of JWA! that would be another cool challenge to take on! Though canola oil is still cheaper than the suet it seems ! SMH

3 Likes

Ironically in my little grocery store the scrape bones were right next to the fat in the freezer ! Have to admit don’t need it myself but the wife does it occasionally with left overs think it’s a leaky gut tonic for those that suffer from it.

3 Likes

Yes sir. I have some creepy, crawly little bastards to commit an act of genocide on.

3 Likes

Some kind of steak. Cow I think.

19 Likes

Sure looks like a thick strip loin under those mushrooms :yum:
I have to admit I’m a meatatarian by choice.

7 Likes

Tonight my wife is making a stir fry.

16 Likes

Ya saw that shit bagged up in a 2-3lb bag going for like 3$/lb at the grocery the other day freaking waste product what’s next 2$ for toenails?

In the words of Homer Simpson:

“It goes back to caveman days. Ten guys killed the mammoth while the boss yelled at them.
Then the boss got all the meat, and they got all the toenails.”

3 Likes

That’s a lot of meat lol how much was half a cow
I use to eat a ton of meat ,working in butcher shops someone is always cooking something ,but now I hardly eat it

Wife decided she’s in a diet lol,shit I don’t know what she be eating now

4 Likes

Just Tacos

16 Likes

:fire: Psycho Donuts and Taiyaki fish with Oreo filling :fire:

The donut on the far right is called Unicorn Fart! :dash: lol the middle one is dusted in Oreo cookie dust with some type of custard filling and the other one is espresso chocolate maple I think :laughing:

15 Likes

The half cow was 377lb hanging weight and cost $4.95 CAD per lb plus 0.30 per lb for vacuum sealing and .75/lb for shipping. Ended up being $1866 for the side, 113 for the vacuum seal and 203 ish for shipping (place is about 9 hours away 1 direction) plus a bit of tax. There is also normally a 3 dollar per day hanging fee for any extra days you want to go over 14 but since they were closed during the holidays they waived the fee and I got mine hung for 35 total days for free. I also got 4 extra briskets at $4.95 a lb and 20lb of hanger steak at 8/lb (only one per cow).

@GramTorino Love tacos. I’ve been trying to learn how to make corn tortillas forever but haven’t been able to do them properly yet. I just cant seem to get them to puff up properly when I flip them. I can get it to happen sometimes but not all the time. Have gone through quite a few bags of masa and a lot of frustration to get to where I am now, still at square one :stuck_out_tongue:

@WeTokeChronic making me crave donuts now thanks :drooling_face: I make them all the time with cinnamon sugar but have never tried making a glaze for one. I want to try but am not a try new things type of guy often. I have a soap called monkey farts too lol

9 Likes

14 Likes

A little chicken soup for the soul! With all the appropriate herbs and spices!

16 Likes

I’m not cooking at the minute wife is on shakes lol
So I can eat what I want
Beef curry fried rice made myself some apple turnovers lol

11 Likes

Döner Kebap…

15 Likes

One of my favorite snacks is something my Oma used to make.

It sounds gross.

It sounds like it will give you a heart attack.

But you have to try it ha ha.

Oma called it schmalzbraut (sorry, my German is terrible)

Essentially you take a pound of bacon and chop it into small tiny pieces. Put it all in a pot on the stove and turn to low-medium heat. It takes a while, but keep stirring it and don’t let the grease get brown or the bacon stick to the pot. Once all the bacon is nice and crispy, pour the whole contents of the pot into a glass jar. Let it cool to room temp on the counter, then put in the fridge overnight. Then get yourself some nice rye bread and toast it and spread that bacon and bacon fat concoction on it and enjoy!

12 Likes

hmmm,that term is not known in Germany…maybe Oma called it SchmalzBrot, what means a slice of Bread with bacon-fat on it. we call it Speckfett or Griebenschmalz,and it looks like this:

this it a SchmalzBrot

…what region Your Granni came from?

10 Likes

Yes schmalzbrot, thats it!

She was born in Austria, my Opa was born in Lubeck. They both moved to Canada in the 50s.

9 Likes

schmalzbrote are awesome!

6 Likes

i´m somewhere between Lübeck and Austria lol

@mndlss you´re damn right!

4 Likes