What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 1)

i love it when thereā€™s little pieces of Apple in the schmalz, gives it this sweet and sour dot on the i! I guess I know what I will eat for dinner haha

6 Likes

schmalz see I thought it was chicken or goose fat render

where I grew up in NYC they called it ā€œJewish Mayonnaiseā€

with the Bacon, Rye Bread and pickles HMMMMM!!!

5 Likes

youā€™re right, and it can be made of pork too. I wasnā€™t aware itā€™s a jewish thing, I thought it is ā€œkerndeutschā€ :laughing:

4 Likes

Dinner the night before lastā€¦

La Cumbre Elevated IPA from Albuquerque, New Mexico

Butterfly Fried Gulf shrimp burger and fries with ketchup and Tabasco hot sauce

14 Likes

Cheers,Bro :beers:

2 Likes

yes,we use to make Goose-Schmalz too,especially from the xmas roast gooseā€¦itĀ“s always a annual highlight :yum:

3 Likes

if we ever have a gathering I bet the food will be better than the weed

5 Likes

Weisswurst when I was a little kid there was a old guy in my neighborhood

that made these fresh :slight_smile: I go there and have them for Breakfast with him

his wife made the best German Potato salad and this heavy dense Dark

Bread she would feed that to with stinky cheese

I would light their stove for them on Friday when the sun went down :wink:

be safe and be free

Dequilo

no pork in them

7 Likes

Iā€™ve seen something similar in the midwest called bacon jam, but that has a little bit of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar, more apple, and less fat.

4 Likes

That looks awesome.
La Cumbre is also the name of the San Francisco tacqueria that invented the burrito in the early 60s.
(this fact has been verified by the SF Chronicle and the NY Times.)
Itā€™s still one of the best tacquerias in the mission in SF.

Here is their sign and their awesome Mexican revolution murals.

8 Likes

Oh man I love German potato salad!! Oma always used to make it with onion, bacon and vinegar. No mayo! Was awesome warm or cold

5 Likes

Rendered pork fat is lard, rendered suet from beef or mutton is tallow, rendered fat is called drippings but people sometimes call that tallow but it tastes much stronger. Schmaltz is rendered chicken or goose fat but Iā€™ve also seed rendered duck fat referred to as duck schmaltz.

I usually have a lot of beef trimmings and fat so have a good supply of beef drippings to use for searing steaks and other stuff. Makes it delicious and has a pretty high smoke point.

@zephyr all this taco talk has been killing me lately. I just want to be able to make a good corn tortilla. Iā€™d be making tacos multiple times a week :drooling_face:

8 Likes

Another one of my Omas special meals, which I am actually making tonight is home made cabbage rolls.

Mind you I donā€™t have the time or ambition to actually roll them up so I just make a it all in a pot and its like a cabbage roll stew. Canā€™t wait to smoke one and dig in!!

3 Likes

ā€˜kohlrouladenā€™ in german, my favourite meal as a kidā€¦and actually still! but i get it rarely, very rarely :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s really cool. LaCumbre means the ā€œpeakā€. Or Mountain peakā€¦ I came across them about 8 years ago when I was going to Albuquerque for medical stuff. They have a great beer scene. Marble, LaCumbre, Tractor, Bosque, Turtle Mtnā€¦, and lots of less talked about( Il Vincino, Nexus Brewery (OMG food! southwestern and southern soul food and best Bread Pudding I ever had), The English Tavern on Nob Hillā€¦ Two Fools I thinkā€¦ great English pub food and all the local beers. Now I want to go.

1 Like

Cheap Chinese food from up the street from me all this $7 lol I know the ladies they hook menu

I like this not cooking

7 Likes

Just a little French onion soup from scratch. The only thing she didnā€™t make herself was the cheese.

19 Likes

I havenā€™t had that in years. Is that bread with cheese? Donā€™t they also serve it with cheese baked o n top? Itā€™s been years since Iā€™ve had it. I never see it on any menus anymore but I do live in a rural town. That sure looks good!

6 Likes

Thanks @GMan

Iā€™ve also seen it done so the bread floats just below the surface as a cheese table.

So many options. She made the bread too

7 Likes

Who is grilling in winter?
Here is some Adovada pork with onions and a steak.
Plus a good peach beer. :yum:

13 Likes