What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 1)

Damn I have yet to make French onion have always wanted to but never have , tasted some awesome ones but their far and few in between!

3 Likes

I’m about the only one in my entire HOA that grills 24/7 365 a year ! [quote=“Chieftain, post:1084, topic:8694”]
Plus a good peach beer. :yum:
[/quote]

Homemade by any chance? What a great combo that fruit beer and pork ! I need details man! Lol in case I want to replicate!

Try this marinade,

1 tablespoon lard (you may substitute with shortening or vegetable oil)
4 garlic cloves, minced
8 ounces (about 25) whole dried New Mexican red chile pods
4 cups warm water
2 tablespoons diced yellow onion
1 tablespoon crushed chile pequin
1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried Mexican oregano
3 pounds thick boneless shoulder pork chops or pork steak or butt

Blend well
Marinate overnight

UFO peach hefe beer, summer left over.
Never tried home brewing yet.

4 Likes

You can adjust spice level

1 Like

Bookmarked thanks buddy sound like a good pork marinade!

Yup it’s -30 here but -40 with windchill and fully exposed to the NW. An hour for the accessory pack on the low rack then high rack while sear steaks and cook.
Didn’t take any prep pics cause it was door dash

Flip the steak and do a door dash.:cold_face:

8 Likes

Try using half chicken stock and half brown beef stock and very slowly brown the onions in some fat until they are so caramelized that they almost look like the colour of chocolate. This takes hours of patience and stirring but will give an insanely rich/sweet soup. Using this technique also makes very good french onion dip just by blending the onions with sour cream.

Stage 1

2 oz 60 g Butter
2.5 lb 1.25 kg Onion sliced thin
Procedure:

1. Heat the butter in a stockpot over moderate heat. Add the onions and cook until they are golden. Stir occassionally.
    Note: The onions must cook slowly and become evenly browned. This is a slow process and will take about 30 minutes. Do not brown too fast or use high heat. ( I would brown them even slower and longer)

Stage 2
3.25 qt 3.25 L Beef stock, or half beef and half chicken stock
to taste — to taste — Salt
to taste — to taste — Pepper
3 fl oz 90 mL Sherry 2–3 fl oz (60–90 mL), optional
Procedure:
2. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Simmer until the onions are very tender and the flavors are well blended, about 20 minutes.
3. Season to taste with salt an pepper. Add the sherry, if desired.

Stage 3
as needed - French bread
12 oz 375 g Cheese, Gruyère or Swiss cheese, or a mixture, coarsely grated
Procedure:
5. Cut the bread into slices about .38 in. (1 cm) thick. You will need 1 or 2 slices per portion, or just enough to cover the top of the soup in its serving crock.
6. Toast the slices in the oven or under the broiler.
7. For each portion fill an individual service soup crock with hot soup. Place 1 or 2 slices of the toast on top and cover with cheese. Pass under the broiler until the cheese is bubbling and lightly browned. Serve immediately.

This is from professional cooking 8th ed I copied it from the program I still use from the school days.

6 Likes

Damn bro ! It’s 7:30 am here and I’m already wanting a bowl of it! Another great book mark there! Thanks for sharing! The down side for me is that the wife is sensitive to most store bought stocks so from scratch it will have to be!

2 Likes

That french onion soup looks delicious :yum:@Foreigner have always wanted to try n make it myself just haven’t gotten around to it, @Tinytuttle ur right it’s hard to find places that make a good one they are few and far between, going food shopping later just might add those ingredients to the list now I’m hungry

1 Like

Russets seasoned and scored
With paprika garlic oil seasoning salt
Pan fried served with sour cream and hot sauce and beer of choice
This can also be used as a wrap or as bread for a more elaborate appetizer

if you’re swinging for the fences it makes a deluxe breakfast sanduchie

10 Likes

Escovitch fish, vegetables and plantains

6 Likes

Chicken and dumplings on the bubble.

16 Likes

Evening-thought: I need to learn how to make dumplings.

Weekend project. I’ll get back to ya. :rofl:

Thanks for the inspiration

2 Likes

Smoked salmon with a maple syrup glaze.

And smoked chicken

16 Likes

Today’s dinner.

:honey_pot: Honey Garlic Serloin Steak… Baked Rice, with onions & carrots.

13 Likes

Cuban bread, it’s so crusty!

13 Likes

Roast Veal with Dumplings,Brussels & butter-fryed Carrots…

19 Likes

Hit’n da bong and eating what’s left of these, laughing my ass off watching MXC.

Peace on all of you. :zzz:

17 Likes

Should I buy a parcel package of bolt company called bolt 15 cbd gummies broad spectrum? I think cbd gummies might be made from hemp and not marijuana. There’s a smoke shop that sells ‘me. Is cbd fake or bunk does it have any health benefits if it has no thc and made from hemp? Thank

1 Like

Your best bet is making your own gummies. If you have to buy them, look into the source. 90% of vitamins and supplements and all of that related market is bunk.

2 Likes